Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a 1993 ZJ this is what its doing. I get in it turn the key and nothing happens the dash lights come on but the fuel pump doesn't I wait about five Min's once the engine and security lights come on it fires right up. the fuel pump and fuel relays have been changed. Is this the ECU if not what else could it be? I have been driving it like this I am just not sure where to go with this. Please help! It has all the bells and whistles its a in line 6 all leather power everything.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Have you checked for any shorts or loose wiring either around the battery, ignition, or fuel pump?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Try to find a used one, as a new one will be pricey as can be!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hmmm...the ECU is a possibility, but I'm leaning towards the ignition switch...

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I would tend to agree with 89xjgrey it would be the cheaper of the two choices you seem faced with, If it cures your symptoms then you will have saved many dollars.

If it turns out to not cure the problem then COS' advice would come into play. A junkyard would save you many dollars there as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are there different types of ECU's ? I have heard yes and now. In looking for one at a bone yard what should I look for?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Are there different types of ECU's ? I have heard yes and now. In looking for one at a bone yard what should I look for?

Yes, there are different part numbers which can be seen on the ECU itself. Looks like a UPC barcode.

Call your local dealer, with your VIN he can look up the part numbers that succeed yours. Thats what i did, then found a slightly used reman unit on ebay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts