Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What rear axle is on the 2021 Cherokee with active drive II ? (not the Trailhawk locker)
Is there a Torsen gear type type limited slip differential for it?

·
Premium Member
10,533 Posts
I checked Eatons web site and they do not show any traction aid devices for your year of Cherokee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Trailhawk is equipped with a elecromechanical locker but only available with the V6. I doubt that I would ever need the full locker, but just one rear wheel on ice would be a show stopper without limited slip. The Activedrive II on the High Altitude has the low range (true 4 wheel drive) and the turbo 4 but I find no conclusive info on the differential. There is some mention of use of the antilock brake system to simulate a limited slip differential. I would think that would be less effective than a Quaife or Torsen but I have not found a maker of the gear type diff for the Cherokee. The Bronco Sport Badlands has a little less weight and horsepower and much less towing allowance, but appears to have a better rear differential. To bad the Trailhawk is not offered with the turbo. Who makes thr rear end in the active drive II system?

·
Premium Member
10,533 Posts
I understand your preference. However before lockers became plentiful, the brake thing was what we did

1 - 4 of 4 Posts