Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of building bumpers for my XJ. I'm looking for a print or a PDF for mounting the rear bumper. I know that I can use the eight bolts that hold the stocker on, but I wanted to tie into the holes that a receiver hitch would mount to as well. If anyone knows of one, please shoot it my way. I can do it myself, but I'm getting a little lazy these days!! LOL!! Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've been looking too with no luck!! Oh well, looks like it's time to roll up the sleeves!!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll post up with what I come up with, and maybe others won't have to go through this!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are going to build a set of mounts that slide in the frame rails then a set of nut strips may give you a good pattern if you have access to a set. Just a thought. I dont have a set or I would send them to you COS.
Yeah it would be, and no I don't have a set.....:thumbdown:

I think that I can come up with a way to do it though. I think that I'll have to cut out the hole that leads into it, but that shouldn't be a big trick. I've got some ideas rolling through my head right now about how to do it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Get a frame mounted tow hitch and chop the receiver off. Then build your bumper into the remains of the hitch. Thats what I am gonna do. I'm gonna build new mounts and integrate the bumper to my tow hitch bracketry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts