Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have looked all over for rear bumper setups with the tire carrier. $$$

What im wanting for now is to just find a good bumper that i can buy now and then possibly buy and add a tire carrier to later instead of buying them together at the same time and dishing out a stupid amount of money.

I know orfab makes just a tire swing assembly that i can stick to most bumpers, runs almost 400 without the bumper itself. Which from what i have seen is not bad priced. Anyone have any favorites or any good deals in mind?

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
i think that you can order the JCRoffroad and the Ajsoffroad rear bumpers without the tire swing and they are both probably more heavy duty then ORfab. also, detoursusa has a sweet tire carrier idea that gives tow points, and reuses the stock bumper. all are probably the best quality and priced choices that you'll find.

·
Registered
573 Posts
set off to the side would make it easier to see out of the rear view mirror. you really cant go wrong with any of the bumpers that Jake posted.

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like detourse also, its a very cool design, i dont have much of a stock rear bumper left to work with anymore. Ha!

I also like the look of a big black powder coated chunk of metal attached to the ass of the jeep...Im leaning towards Aj's.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have never understood the backbone system, it is the same price as many bumpers but just adds recovery points, you get no corner protection or anything. Kind of defeats half the point of a nice solid steal bumper. If you aren't buying the tire carrier you might as well just use a stock hitch with a towhook or D dring mount in it.

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
I have never understood the backbone system, it is the same price as many bumpers but just adds recovery points, you get no corner protection or anything. Kind of defeats half the point of a nice solid steal bumper. If you aren't buying the tire carrier you might as well just use a stock hitch with a towhook or D dring mount in it.
the price of the detours bumper is roughly price it costs for most competitors to throw the swing away tire onto the bumper. so basically the detours setup is that tire swing (without having to buy a bumper) and you also get recovery points. it also let you keep a stock bumper look if thats what you like. remember, not all people wheel or even hardcore wheel. some like to camp, ect. and want to carry a spare tire without taking up inside dry room.

*competitor bumper* ~$400 + added tire swing ~$400 = about $800

Detours Tailbone(tire swing + recovery) = about $400

·
Registered
84 Posts
the price of the detours bumper is roughly price it costs for most competitors to throw the swing away tire onto the bumper. so basically the detours setup is that tire swing (without having to buy a bumper) and you also get recovery points. it also let you keep a stock bumper look if thats what you like. remember, not all people wheel or even hardcore wheel. some like to camp, ect. and want to carry a spare tire without taking up inside dry room.

*competitor bumper* ~$400 + added tire swing ~$400 = about $800

Detours Tailbone(tire swing + recovery) = about $400

That man is good with a hammer!
Hits the nail right on the head!
Thanks Jake.

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
That man is good with a hammer!
Hits the nail right on the head!
Thanks Jake.
no problem at all. i think your guys products are great and a fair price IMHO.
and like i stated before, i think all three fabricators are great products and some of the best you'll find with unbeatable prices.

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
I like detour's stuff. It allows ya to run a winch or hold a tire without having to get bumpers. Some people like the factory looks. :hi:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah, but some people like rocks & rocks love the taste of stock bumpers!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeeeaaaaaaaaa, and for those tough guys out there, our SlimLine Series bumper has been offered for the last 7 years...... XJ Slim-Line Series Bumper .....while currently not on our site, we're filling existing orders and honoring the pricing still. Product will return in early 2010...........BUT, then again.....it's an 800 dollar bumper so, we've come full circle.......;)

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
Yeeeaaaaaaaaa, and for those tough guys out there, our SlimLine Series bumper has been offered for the last 7 years...... XJ Slim-Line Series Bumper .....while currently not on our site, we're filling existing orders and honoring the pricing still. Product will return in early 2010...........BUT, then again.....it's an 800 dollar bumper so, we've come full circle.......;)
Oh damn that's nice. I didn't even see that bumper on ur site before. This is probably the only bumper I'd buy for my xj cuz it looks good on it. Alot of other aftermarket rear bumpers don't follow the lines of the jeep as well as this one does.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oooo... that is a sweet bumper.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts