Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Detours design is great, and he does really good work. I personally would want a bumper that replaces the OEM bumper itself if it's going to be wheeled because it's going to be much better if it ever takes a hard hit offroad. I have the JCR front bumper, and not only are they great guys, but they make really good products. They make things to order so they do take a while with getting it shipped, but it's because they actually make it when you place the order instead of keeping a ton of things in stock and potentially increasing their overhead.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Well i have permission from the boss to get a rear bumper with income tax. :eek:hyeah: I am having a hard time getting ahold of the guys at aj's offroad. I have sent 2 different e-mails and left 2 different voice mails explaining what i want and that im looking for a quote, i have never recieved a reply. 4 attempts to contact within a couple months... there about to strike out.

Heres some options i have found.

We have the set-up from c4x4.
C4x4

c4x4.jpg

JCR stage 3 rear bumper with tire carrier looks like a pretty good deal.
Cherokee Stage 3 Rear Bumper: JcrOffroad, Inc.

JCR.jpg

I really like how the tire sits on the mount of aj's setup, but will i ever get ahold of them?
XJ Tire Carriers

aj2.jpg

I almost forgot Detours slimeline rear bumper / tire carrier setup. Now i really don't know what to do.

XJ Slim-Line Series Bumper

Detours.jpg

Anyone useing any of these products?
Deciding which one will be pretty rough... which would you go with?

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
ill look through the list in a second.

but just wanted to let you know that dont be to upset with AJ's OFFroad for not responding quickly. He posted up that he had a major house fire and was scrambling to get all that in order. He said he would need a little bit to catch up because his family comes first. :cheers:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
ill look through the list in a second.

but just wanted to let you know that dont be to upset with AJ's OFFroad for not responding quickly. He posted up that he had a major house fire and was scrambling to get all that in order. He said he would need a little bit to catch up because his family comes first. :cheers:
Sorry, i didn't know that any of that was going on. A friend of mine recently lost everything in a house fire, hope everything is working out.

Is aj's a vendor here?

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
i like the detours set up cuz im not really feelin changin my rear bumper n payin out the rear for the tire carrier. as for the front im not sure, i like for my front to extend a bit so im sort of shootin for nates for the front bumper but im goin to detours for the rear, especially the slim line, all i got to do is the rear light bucket n that it

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yeah thats one thing they all have in common, no one is giving them away.

The more i look at detours slime line, the more i like it.

I changed the picture of the aj's bumper. I noticed the original pic i had up was different then all the other pics aj's tire carrier setup. Must have been custom. I like the standard better.

Any idea what a bumper like that from aj's is going to run? 7-800?

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Sorry, i didn't know that any of that was going on. A friend of mine recently lost everything in a house fire, hope everything is working out.

Is aj's a vendor here?
i think everything with AJ is fine. last i knew, he was just saying sorry for any delays. which all is understandable in those circumstances.

i dont believe AJ's is a vendor here. do be honest, hes a pretty busy guy same as detours. i do know he supports NAXJA though.

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
i like the detours set up cuz im not really feelin changin my rear bumper n payin out the rear for the tire carrier. as for the front im not sure, i like for my front to extend a bit so im sort of shootin for nates for the front bumper but im goin to detours for the rear, especially the slim line, all i got to do is the rear light bucket n that it
i want to talk you out of NATES bumpers, but to all is his own. i have heard many horror stories with his stuff and his customer service.

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Yeah thats one thing they all have in common, no one is giving them away.

The more i look at detours slime line, the more i like it.

I changed the picture of the aj's bumper. I noticed the original pic i had up was different then all the other pics aj's tire carrier setup. Must have been custom. I like the standard better.

Any idea what a bumper like that from aj's is going to run? 7-800?
these are the prices i pulled of his website for the tanker rear bumper. i also believe all prices include shipping on aj's website.

"Tanker Rear with 2" receiver, d-ring mounts....$490
with a tire carrier ranges from $790-950 depending on options."

also, dont forget AJ does a lot of custom work, so if you had something in mind im sure he could work something in.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
well the onlt thing i like from him is the front slim line bumper he has. thats the only thing but its either nates or hanson front bymper

nate 4x4:

hanson:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hanson does make a nice front bumper.. they make a nice rear bumper also, but its $1000+ withOUT a tire carrier. Pretty crazy stuff.
Yeah the slim line fronts are bad ass looking.

For some reason i never looked at aj's tanker bumper, till after you mentioned it jake.

aj3.jpg

I really like how the rails come down the side to the fenders. Would have to do some cut and folding on the back quarter panel. I noticed in the pictures on his site there is some photo blurring done on the area's under the cut quarter panels, hiding what the lower part of the quarter panel was hiding before it was cut. Going to have to take a look at the jeep to find ot whats going to be showing with that area gone.

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
nate 4x4:

why not just a JCR front bumper then. look identical for a good price. also have better customer service and faster turn around times.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=XJB

i do and dont mean to bad talk Nates so much. I have just heard so many bad horror stories and stories about law suits and i just dont want you having the same troubles as other people have.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts