Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
I hit a wall with my rear speakers. I've tried looking around but I can't seem to find a topic on rear speakers not working just installing. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong area. With the many problems going on with my jeep I was hoping the speakers would be easy. I figured maybe the previous owner unplugged them, no speakers at all or just dead broken weight hanging from my roof. But once I removed the trim and roof liner to my surprise the tear speakers look brand new and the wires were plugged in. Before I go looking for a rear speaker harness I figured I'd ask if I missed something or not looking hard enough at what could be broken or damaged. I can't remember if I looked for a fuse or not. The radio is aftermarket but I don't think there was an option to mute the rear. The buttons no longer work so I use my phone with spotify. Any help would be appreciated. 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Possibly the wires to the speakers are broken. Or the radio might have not been installed correctly. Maybe the fader function is making only the front speakers play sound. If the radio is old and the buttons don't work, its also possible that the radio is broken.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts