Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Bumping and hijacking: My 2001 rear wiper isn't working. I have power to the switch, and it illuminates and the wash function works, but the wiper never moves. I can't remember how long its been broke but the switch is new for a couple of somewhat unrelated reasons. Anyhow, does anyone know what the voltages should be and what the wires are for a 2001 model? Google gives me a 1991 and a grand cherokee. I need info for an XJ. I figured out the power and ground, and some research mentioned the fuses being 6 and 22, both are intact and ok. Im not clear on the functions of the striped wires. If I know the voltages are good and any digging around Ive done hasn't damaged the wiring, then I can move to tear the hatch apart and inspect the motor. Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
10,444 Posts
Here is the schematic for a 2000, it should be the same. Both front and rear. Let me know if you need something else.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
My rear wiler is dead too Superman, just quit one a day a few years ago. If I listen closely I can hear the motor clicking and trying to move, but it just doesn’t. So pretty sure mine is just a bad motor, just haven’t got round to fixing it.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Thanks gluck. I'll have to check closer for clicking 1_2_xju but I don't think it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts