Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the the closed to open cooling system swap. In the process I eliminated the regulator valve thing adjacent the heater core. But now she doesn't want to warm up. Any advice guys? Thanks all in advance!!

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
First of all, what did you replace?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radiator, thermostat, hoses, overflow Reservoir. Thermostat was swapped out with a matching thermostat. 195 degrees.

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts
I believe the regulator valve thing is the heater control valve, and is controlled by vacuum. It let's hot coolant enter the heater core, when you move the heater control slider to cool, it shuts the valve off to keep hot coolant from circulating in the heater core and cooking you and your passengers. If you eliminated this, how did your route your hoses?

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
coolant level?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coolant level has stayed the same since swap. It has not fluctuated. Coolant does not seem to be moving in or out of the bottle.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
What I was interested is the coolant level of the system. If a cooling system is too low on fluid, it will not move coolant through the heater core.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
The next thing to do is grab the hoses when the engine is fully warm and see if the hoses are hot

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Then I would say your lack of heat is due to a blend door problem. Make sure the temp control cable is attached and working properly. The lever for the blend door is located on the passenger side HVAC housing just beyond the console

1 - 12 of 12 Posts