Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking to replace the fuel filter on my 94 Grand Cherokee, I have done this before on other cars without really thinking about it but I have started to read that I should release the pressure on the fuel system first before I do this.

What is the procedure for replacing the fuel filter on a Grand Cherokee? Should I all pull the fuse first and let the engine stall or will that do damage?

On my other car the exhaust is on the opposite side to the fuel line (an old saab) whereas the exhaust (which will be warm) is a little close to the action!

Any help appreciated.

thanks,

Norman

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
you can just relieve the gas from the line in the engine bay. Look at the fuel rail and there should be a schrader valve like a bike tire. It may have a plastic cap, just remove and poke it with a screw driver, let a rag soak it up. Its not too important to relieve the pressure, its just for safty of it squirting on you when your removing the clamps under there. should be in and out. You might take a few times to crank over, might be air in the line after installation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Look underneith the jeep in front of the tank (drivers side) and you will see a silver can about the size of a soda can. make sure you have a rag or look at the clips that are on each end of the can.squeeze the white tabs with youre fingers and pull.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To releive the pressure all you have to do is remove the gas cap and you will be fine. Fuel is not going to shoot everywhere it will just run down you arm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts