Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hi: Ok, so the wiper motor on my 93 cherokee is struggling to work ( I believe ) The wipers do not go all the way across my windshield and back down again when I turn them on, and it makes noise when trying to work.

How do I go about getting it fixed? Is it worth going to a junk yard to find a replacement wiper motor? Or it is easily found at a parts store? Then how much should I expect to pay someone to replace it for me? Or is it something that I can do myself easily? :dunno:

·
Registered
410 Posts
:hi: Ok, so the wiper motor on my 93 cherokee is struggling to work ( I believe ) The wipers do not go all the way across my windshield and back down again when I turn them on, and it makes noise when trying to work.

How do I go about getting it fixed? Is it worth going to a junk yard to find a replacement wiper motor? Or it is easily found at a parts store? Then how much should I expect to pay someone to replace it for me? Or is it something that I can do myself easily? :dunno:
From one female to another, it's not too hard, torx bolts aside. I have 2 motors (used) sitting in my friend's garage waiting to go in my '92, both work well, but on the newer one the connectors don't match mine (bummer, shoulda got a pic before I paid the guy :( ). Post a pic of your connector when you get it apart and if it matches mine you're welcome to it. And all you have to do to get the pic is remove the cover out there under the windshield, reach in and disconnect the wires, point & shoot.

If you're short stand on a box :p

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From one female to another, it's not too hard, torx bolts aside. I have 2 motors (used) sitting in my friend's garage waiting to go in my '92, both work well, but on the newer one the connectors don't match mine (bummer, shoulda got a pic before I paid the guy :( ). Post a pic of your connector when you get it apart and if it matches mine you're welcome to it. And all you have to do to get the pic is remove the cover out there under the windshield, reach in and disconnect the wires, point & shoot.

If you're short stand on a box :p
Thank you, :thumbsup: Here is the picture of my connector.
HPIM0338.jpg

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yup ... actually I just checked, & dear lord I have 3 motors, lol (does that make me a compulsive buyer?). 2 match your connector (thise are 5 little holes, right? Pic's blurry) but I'm keeping 1 since it has the full linkage attached. The other you can have. PM me and we can work out the details. I won't be able to get back to you until tomorrow after work.

You pay shipping (PayPal) it's your for free. I need the good karma ... my front diff just grenaded :( .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts