Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from buying a 94 2dr 4x4 XJ. This thing has a perfect body, decent interior (headliner sagging). I got it for $475.00. It overheated on the way home. 50 miles from home. We were about half way home so I got out the tow strap and had my wife drive the tow vehicle.Boy what an experiance. She did pretty good until we got home and she started cussing me out for putting her through that. I had a hard time not busting a gut. This thing is gonna make a great rock crawler and my 11 year old can learn to drive in it. Pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're gonna lift it 6" w35's-roll bars-bare essentials inside-rock sliders-custom front and rear bumpers. You know, all the "man" stuff. Ha Ha

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. But first I gotta see why it overheated. I'll work on it this weekend. Hope it just blew a hose or something simple.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, thanks, but I think it lost some coolant.It was dark last night and I didn't get home tonight early enough to work on it.So I guess this weekend will have to do.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some pics of our new project. It may take a while but it will be worth it. I think it has pretty good potential. I'm gonna start by removin the bumpers and trim and the interior and carpet. 004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, My son's birthday is tomorrow and he had a pizza party today. So the weekend is pretty much spoken for. Maybe Mon eve I can take a look at it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Also, I would verify that the heater core isn't clogged...that causes massive overheating issues. Just my .02

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats

Great job finding a great project. Except for year you have the twin of my rig.Hope ta see pics as soon you begin..keep us posted. ScottyO :D

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
holy old thread batman

1 - 17 of 17 Posts