Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for something effective, but EASY to install.

Not planing on serious rockcrawling, but have been places that have banged up the sidesteps on my Bronco2.

Just looking to keep my rockers from getting dinged up on the trails.

Anyone had good experiences? bad? what brands?

Also ive seen finishes listed as "gloss black" and "rubicon black".
Whats rubicon black??:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Looking for something effective, but EASY to install.

Not planing on serious rockcrawling, but have been places that have banged up the sidesteps on my Bronco2.

Just looking to keep my rockers from getting dinged up on the trails.

Anyone had good experiences? bad? what brands?

Also ive seen finishes listed as "gloss black" and "rubicon black".
Whats rubicon black??:dunno:
I WILL BE getting some for two reasons. I don't want to accidently hit something while in high water, or mud and bend the lower panel. The other reason is it will give my 5'2" wife something to step up on and getting out on.

There are cheaper sliders out there, but I will be getting the frame stiffiner/sliders from detoursusa.com. The ones that have weld points.

I have a DetoursUSA rear bumper and it is top notch.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I have AJ's sliders in the 3/16" variety without the extra tube (which I regret). They're welded to the framerails and pinch seams. I would've bolted them in, but unfortunately prior wheeling events crushed the pinch seams on both sides making the bolt-on difficult.

I like them being welded on because IMO, they're stronger and stiffen the rig up a bit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have JCR stage 1's as well. I like them alot. I wanted stage 2's but found these brand new on craigslist and couldnt pass up the price.
I have already "injured" my rockers on the left side so it was painfully obvious I needed some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts