Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Grand Cherokee ZJ Laredo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Having removed the front rotor from my 97 ZJ, i have measured it up for a replacement but it doesn't seem to match the specifications of the rotors available online (at least not here in New Zealand).

Mine measures as:
OD: 280mm
Thickness: 24mm
Height: 60mm (done with tape measure)

The Height is the issue as all the front rotors i can find online are 78mm or 82mm. Weirdly the rear rotors available online have the right height and beveled edge but the thickness is only 11mm and the OD 285mm.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Lewis

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Hello Lewis from Colorado, USA.

Welcome to the forums.

Did you buy this ZJ from someone else, or did you buy it new?

Please post a picture of rotor and caliper put together?

I could be mistaken for my memory is shotty, but the ZG (all 91-98 Jeep Grand Cherokee exports other than Canada and USA) is the European and Middle East designation of a right handed drive Grand Cherokee with an IL 4cyl Diesel. It is possible, although unlikely, that the exports had different braking systems? I am unsure. Is this ZG a diesel or a petrol motor? or is this an imported US ZJ?

If you do have a diesel, would you please share some pictures of the engine bay and the dashboard of the interior? I have not seen the ZG's components before.

The rear rotors sound right. They're considerably thinner than the front rotors, but I'm stumped on the OD of the rears. If I remember correctly they are slightly smaller than the front rotors.

·
Registered
1997 Grand Cherokee ZJ Laredo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello to Colorado :) and thank you for your reply.

I will add a photo tomorrow.

I only purchased the ZJ a few months ago, i've been using it as my off roader. Its full model name is a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Aspin meaning it was built for the Japanese market and then imported to New Zealand. It's RHD and Its got the 4L straight 6 petrol.

The measurements i supplied for the OD of the rears, is from the NZ website i wish to order the parts from and the actual ones on the car. I'm thinking i need to get the rear off and do some checking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts