Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

and my wallet just got thinner. I can't wait till these arrive so i can see how pretty they are. :cheers:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Very nice!!! I like to get a set of uppers and lowers, of these.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice!!! I like to get a set of uppers and lowers, of these.
Yeah I'm getting the uppers with my tax money. I just got the lowers for now so i can fix my wheelbase. It's off on each side.

I was originally gonna order the ordinary arms they had for years but Grimm (RC customer service rep) over on naxja told me to wait cuz new ones were coming out.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They were 173 shipped. They still have the picture of the old arms. I think the old ones are still being sold for the wranglers.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In them releasing these, they just fixed the only problem they ever had with their lifts.. Very cool..
Was something wrong with the design of the older arms?

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
Looking good. I'll pick up a pair of their upper along with their control arm drop :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts

and my wallet just got thinner. I can't wait till these arrive so i can see how pretty they are. :cheers:
Let me know what you think. I've been wanting to get these (and a real leaf pack) for a while now. They look beautiful.

Edit: Ahhh, these are upper control arms, right?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Let me know what you think. I've been wanting to get these (and a real leaf pack) for a while now. They look beautiful.

Edit: Ahhh, these are upper control arms, right?
No.. those are lowers....

And they look just about like all the other adjustable lowers out there.

·
Registered
307 Posts
there weren't any problems witht he old RE control arms...I have a set on my MJ and it flexes like longarms.

the joints are just poly joints, they flex in the center and are sealed on the threads. they use ALOT of grease.

that said, maybe the new ones at least don't use so much grease...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Very nice. I'm gonna recommend them to a buddy of mine...

·
Registered
307 Posts
the old ones didn't have the "flex" ends they were just rubber or poly bushings. because or how the old one adjusted they didn't need a flex end they were a neat design but the new ones look better built
it's just another means of flex.

the one thing you must remember now is that the new joints, which are the same as RE superflex joints, cost more to rebuild. they last quite a long time but are not fun to fix unless you have all of the proper snap-ring tools and know how to adjust them proper.

they'll perform great though.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts