Sorry to hear about this. This kind of thing is a real pain in the arse. You have the hot lead for your running lights in contact with something that is hot at all times. There are two things you can do. One is to start taking your wiring harness apart and looking for anything suspicious, disconnecting stuff as you go. The other is to get a cheap volt meter with an amp clamp that will work on direct current. I got one from Sears for about $25. Then you can just start clamping wires until you find the one where the power is coming from. I used mine to chase down a battery draw that happened to be in my alternator. Took about five minutes to chase it down.
A forum community dedicated to Jeep Cherokee owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more for the SJ, XJ, KJ, KK, KL series and Grand Cherokee!