Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,
Trying to figure out a way to make a secret compartment in the floors of my 2001 Cherokee XJ that would allow me to put my hunting rifle(s) in so I can save space while also being discrete as possible. Also, I need to use the space as efficiently as possible as I will be making a sleeping cab in the back with underneath compartments/droors to store my hunting gear and other necessities. The main purpose of this XJ is to be my hardcore hunting rig for whitetails that will allow stay to stay in the northern woods of Maine and NH (way off the grid) for weeks at a time.

Any ideas on how I can do this? Has anyone else done this themselves? Pics would be a huge help.

Thanks a lot fella's

-Fletch

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
I'd go with a ceiling mount (though not fully out of sight), or stand them up so they fit tightly in a long drawer under the sleeping platform.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I must apologize for mis remembering and mixing up what I said with future mods to my Jeep. You are right, that space isn't there. However I am going to remove my back seat entirely and have a hinged cover in that area. It has been years since anyone used my nice leather back seat. But with the hinged cover being flush with the cargo area, then that space would be available

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Guys,
Trying to figure out a way to make a secret compartment in the floors of my 2001 Cherokee XJ that would allow me to put my hunting rifle(s) in so I can save space while also being discrete as possible. Also, I need to use the space as efficiently as possible as I will be making a sleeping cab in the back with underneath compartments/droors to store my hunting gear and other necessities. The main purpose of this XJ is to be my hardcore hunting rig for whitetails that will allow stay to stay in the northern woods of Maine and NH (way off the grid) for weeks at a time.

Any ideas on how I can do this? Has anyone else done this themselves? Pics would be a huge help.

Thanks a lot fella's

-Fletch

·
Registered
1998 Jeep Cherokee sport
4 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot fella's

-Fletch
Check out this link. This is a drawer system I built for my 98 xj and it’s been working great for me. I didn’t build mine long enough to accommodate a hunting rifle so if you don’t mind the back seat always down or gone you could accomplish building this to account for the rifle length. I’m currently in the process of finishing up the fold up sleeping platform on mine as well that attaches to the drawer system so hoping to have a write up in that soon-ish. In the mean time, check out what I did. Any questions give me a shout.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts