Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted this up on my club's website, I was left speechless. I thought this was the mighty US of A, land of the big horsepower and torque-full engines that will pull anything out of anywhere. I thought we have the privilege to own whatever vehicles we want without having any sort of limitation on it. Stuff like this pisses me off.

Cash for Clunkers with a Twist? SEMA Opposes New Program - - Styling & Performance

DISCUSS:

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Someone posted this up on my club's website, I was left speechless. I thought this was the mighty US of A, land of the big horsepower and torque-full engines that will pull anything out of anywhere. I thought we have the privilege to own whatever vehicles we want without having any sort of limitation on it. Stuff like this pisses me off.

Cash for Clunkers with a Twist? SEMA Opposes New Program - - Styling & Performance

DISCUSS:
Insane. I'm supposed to walk back and forth to work. My Jeep is paid for, a voucher doesn't do anything. I'd park it before I let someone crush it.

This is why you should ALWAYS vote republican, or concertive. The worse republican is going to be twice as good as any liberal. Sorry, I don't mean to offend any of you guys, but this is a liberal agenda and it will continue and get worse if they keep winning elections simply because you don't hate them.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
SEMA has been fighting that for years now. Hippies love it, car guys hate it. Unfortunately these days we're becoming outnumbered by the hippie enviro nazis...SO it looks like it's only a matter of time...

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just don't understand how it's going to help US citizens out by giving them a couple grand for vehicles - some of which are already paid off, to go out an buy a new or "newer" vehicle. Take our tax money, give us back a small percentage of it and hope that we go invest in more fuel efficient vehicles. I guess their dream is for us to reinvest money in American econoboxes and not in imports that are better built and more efficient. Somehow I think they're missing the mark on this one.

I'd love to see what some high-end SUV drivers have to say about this when they realize that their Lexus, Benz, BMW SUV's all fall into this same category. I HATE the fact that they make American SUV's look like the bad guys.

I'm sick of this garbage, really am.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I just don't understand how it's going to help US citizens out by giving them a couple grand for vehicles - some of which are already paid off, to go out an buy a new or "newer" vehicle. Take our tax money, give us back a small percentage of it and hope that we go invest in more fuel efficient vehicles. I guess their dream is for us to reinvest money in American econoboxes and not in imports that are better built and more efficient. Somehow I think they're missing the mark on this one.

I'd love to see what some high-end SUV drivers have to say about this when they realize that their Lexus, Benz, BMW SUV's all fall into this same category. I HATE the fact that they make American SUV's look like the bad guys.

I'm sick of this garbage, really am.
It's really simple. Liberals want the majority of the people to do what they are told, while they "the master race" have their SUVs, guns, money, etc...

I know that is an over simplification because some of those liberals do walk the walk, but the point is they think they are smarter and they need to think for us dumb hicks. You know the ones that "cling to their guns and religion".

That is the scariest thing I have ever heard a presidential candidate say and win.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's not just the "car guys".

They're after the future offroaders too.

act now to save our sport - Dirt Rider . Net, Dirt Bikes - Motocross - Off-Road - Supercross

Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act threatens sale of youth model OHVs

US Consumer Products Safety Commission Killing Small Displacment Dirt Bikes - ThumperTalk

Call to Action from MX Sports - Motorcycle USA

MIC & SVIA Against Youth OHV Prohibition - Motorcycle USA

Americans For Responsible Recreational Access

These commie-enviro naxi's are seemingly after any and all of us "offroading bastards".

To add, please click on the bottom link to sign and send a letter to our govt. protesting this ridiculous legislation.
It only takes a minite and will help our kids!
Thanks!

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
are they going to try to take our vehicals from us is this happens? I dont freaking think so. dang liberals! Il keep my guns, 4x4s, money, and freedom! you can keep your freaking change! they come to get my crap they get a little bit of buck shot.

·
Registered
607 Posts
"What is not Mandatory is Forbidden, what is not Mandatory is Forbidden."

The worst thing about this whole youth MX thing is this - what kid do you know that licks his bike?

The inmates are running the asylum...

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
SEMA has been fighting that for years now. Hippies love it, car guys hate it. Unfortunately these days we're becoming outnumbered by the hippie enviro nazis...SO it looks like it's only a matter of time...
No, we're not out-numbered unless you mean how many conservative Americans are willing to sit on their bountiful butts and allow the liberals to outnumber conservatives at the polls.

There is only one reason we have the government we have ... not enough conservatives voted. 80% of the voting age citizens claim to be conserative while 20% claim to be liberal.

Do the math and you see how lazy/indifferent attitudes screw up a country.

Budd

·
Registered
12 Posts
I find it both refreshing and satisfying that it seems you guys fit a consistent mold of offroading, guns, and less govt lol... They do go together well! I should fit in nicely around here.

The reason we are infested with liberals, or it seems they have control over way more than they are a percent of the populous is because conservatives don't try to force others to live in their worldview. WE think people should be left alone, and generally things will self-correct - you know like a TRUE republic and capitalism - neither needs intervention to be permanently stable. They work because they are right! Man I love being right. Double-entendre intended.

Liberals have a deep seeded subconscious desire to be welcomed, approved, agreed with, imitated, etc etc.. They aren't even satisfied you leaving them alone, they want to change YOU too... because they know they are wrong, they are guilty, of one thing or another and they need you and everyone else to not only applaud their stupidity but join them in it. Misery loves company I guess.

This may be hard for some to digest, even non-liberals, but let it sink in.. think about it. Watch them. You can't miss it now that you know the truth :)

Don't get me started lol.

My dirty little secret is I long ago started buying, practicing, doing ALL the things I know they want to take from me eventually. Guns, gas-guzzlers, self-sufficiency, 1st person scholarship.. you know things that made America :) My recent WJ purchase was an attempt to save one from things JUST like this CashForClunkers crap.

Agenda 21 anyone? Look it up, make no mistake - it's coming to a city near you - may very well be already.

Soapbox dismissed.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You do realize you revived a three YEAR old thread right? Fairly confident everything in that article is way old news lol. Jus sayin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts