Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Well sorry I'm late to this ... I checked my pdc aND no relay either . I also just have fuse 10 40 amp for the rad fan.took head lights out and don't see anything. Must be under the black plastic that runs the width of the front. As far as a mech fan , unless you or someone else installed a bigger electric fan you need one . And even if a bigger one was installed I don't think it is functioning properly when you didn't have this issue. The electric fan installed factory on mine does not pull enough air alone to cool vehicle and is only ment to assist with cooling in high demand situations like towing or running your a/c. I'm not aware of any 4.0l without a mech fan from factory in the WJ family (but not saying there may not be).....some pics of my 4.0l with mech fan ,smooth water pump pully (reverse ) also not a good pic but is this what your electric fan looks like? And one other thing it could also be a bad pcm .

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,071 Posts
Nice pics Don. But Damn! Bro! You got to get the beast back together, I'm tired of lying to Gemini about where you been! :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks wjlizard!

This is exactly what mine looks like. Same electric fan, same smooth pulley, but no clutch fan.

Right now as of last night, and after putting in the new relay (under plastic), electric fan still does not work, even with the defrost or AC turned on. The fan did run very briefly (half a second) when warmed up, but that was it.

I will recheck my connections.

Thanks.

MJ

21 - 23 of 23 Posts