Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I owned a construction business for several years and found this thread amusingly captivating. I keep looking at the pics in the original thread in an attempt to understand how it is still standing.

The siding and roof sheathing appears to be contributing to holding things together. Believe it or not, the shelving is probably also a contributing structural member.

I have no doubt that the structure will fail - it's just a matter of when. With the structure being build on a boggy area with no foundation to speak of, this will be the main contributor to failure. It will probably fail during a windy rainstorm when the ground is fully saturated and can no longer absorb the loads.

What a Charlie Foxtrot!!

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Is that a pot farm in front of it?

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
This was hilarious. Think its still standing? Im guessing yes, i check last year and it was.

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I doubt it will fall anytime soon. People exaggerated on the building aspect of it. Yeah it has some goofy **** in it but it's built with enough wrong-screws that it will hold for a few more years. I've seen WAY WORSE projects that are still standing.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Good stuff, time to go back and check on it.

EDIT: it was standing a year ago.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Thread was updated 2 months ago. The Shed remains intact and standing. People drive by every now and then to check on it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts