Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My first post on here, so far I've been able to find most of the information I've needed to complete the various projects on my new-to-me 1990 XJ except this final piece. I've been able to complete a top engine rebuild, the cooling system was pressurized with exhaust gasses due to a warped head, and as my luck would have it everything has gone back together except the rear/return fuel line. I've searched everywhere and bought all the recommended parts I could find, but I can't get the rear line on without it leaking and I don't want to ignite the engine bay of course. I have purchased new O-rings from napa, and quick disconnect kit from Crown automotive.
Napa - NOE 7305018 (3/8 inch fuel line o-ring)
Napa - NOE 7305017 (5/16 inch o-ring)
Crown Fuel Line Repair Kit - https://www.morris4x4center.com/fuel...-83502745.html
I also purchased the Dorman quick disconnect clips which haven't seemed to be a problem yet. I have tried every combination of putting these on, and it ended up working with the Fuel Line Repair Kit, however the rear line closest to the firewall wiggles ever so slightly and leaks fuel with a mission.
I guess I'm not sure if these are the right parts and I just need to buy 3-4 sets of them to make sure one will fit, or if my line is messed up somehow. I can attach pictures of the line if needed, but nothing looks damaged or out of the ordinary. If anyone has any advice or help I'd appreciate it, trying to get it running before snowfall. Thank you!

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
From the other side of a computer screen, pictures help. A video would be awesome. But pictures first please. Im glad the forum was able to help you get this far. Welcome from Iowa. Where are you from?

·
Premium Member
10,117 Posts
Yes, pics help. You might end up needing to make a modification so you can finish it up

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From the other side of a computer screen, pictures help. A video would be awesome. But pictures first please. Im glad the forum was able to help you get this far. Welcome from Iowa. Where are you from?
Idaho! Sorry for the late reply, I took a trip to see some family and got caught up in schoolwork. I can get a video uploaded tomorrow of the line and where it is dripping. Its the rear fuel rail connection closest to the firewall, gone through many o-rings and clips trying to get her to work. Might need a new line. cross fingers Ill check back daily too as I didn't have the notifications on and didn't see these replies right away. Thanks brother.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, pics help. You might end up needing to make a modification so you can finish it up
I spoke with a local XJ owner from our Boise Idaho Jeep Club; he came over worked on it with me for a bit, we got it to hold pressure for about 30 minutes, then on restart it leaked. Thinking a modification or new soft line is the trick. Besides that the damn thing roars to life, you can see the mountains in its eyes...or headlights, whatever lol. Ill post a video and some pictures tomorrow. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
10,117 Posts
For a couple of bucks yoiu can use the ferrel type plumbing connectors. I have used them and they work fine on steel line

1 - 6 of 6 Posts