Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have just bought a grand Cherokee limited S, 2020 model (3.6L V6 24V VVT ENGINE UPG I W /ESS). From the first drive, I noticed a shock shifting while driving at low speed (20 to 60 KM/H). It is a noticeable shock so I submitted the car to the agent and they tested it and said that it is normal to have the shocks! (obviously, they don't want to admit if there is any defect). Their Eng. tried to convince me saying that this car saves driving patterns, and it needed to restore configuration which they did. However, that didn't help at all because the shocks are still there and didn't go. He also told me that there is a linear unit or process that exchanges the commands between the ECU and the gear unit and could have a delay by seconds. I'm not convinced at all, how a brand new car would give shocks and supposed to disappear after it saves my driving preferences or other drivers as well who will drive it.
I will appreciate technical feedback and Jeep owner's feedback about it :-( The car didn't exceed the 600 km yet.
Regards,

·
Super Moderator
10,415 Posts
Hello. Nearly all our members are owners of the older model Cherokees, But we have been getting members joining with the newer models. Given how new yours is, I would consult another dealer. I would also ask to test drive a couple different ones, if they drive/respond the same, then it is possible it's a normal characteristic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your swift response, testing a couple of different ones sounds a fair way to confirm, I will request for that from the dealer.
Thank you again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts