Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you have one..show me how you mounted your track bar...and where did you get your bracket from?...

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
260 Posts
--Ballistic Fab D44 hi-steer arms,attached to a pair of dedenbear knuckles
--1.5x.25 DOM
--chev 7/8 tie rods
--custom straight track bar from 1.5x.25 DOM w/RE joints at either end
--custom brackets,frame side and axle side
--axle side track bar bracket was raised 7 inches
--frame side slightly repositioned up and back 2inches
--stock pitman arm reemed to except chev tre

pics.....................

i`ll try to get some more of thetrack bar set up...its kinda dark in the pics.....look hard you can see it

·
Registered
378 Posts

JKS OAB trackbar mount and JKS 2" raised swaybar tabs. Got it all from me. :D

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

JKS OAB trackbar mount and JKS 2" raised swaybar tabs. Got it all from me. :D
do you also sell those upper mounts?...

what about the sway bar mounts?..are those pairs?..or each?...

·
Registered
378 Posts
That UCA mount is just a stock mount that was cut off a D30, flipped around, raised and gusseted. There are UCA mounts available from Rubicon Express and others though. The swaybar mounts are sold individually. They're great pieces, and come with a gusset, but IMHO they are a bit overpriced as individual parts.

Also, I don't know what all you're planning or what your budget is, but TREKS (T&T Customs) has a slick truss kit available with the UCA mounts, trackbar mount (stock, OTK, or hi-steer), etc all already set up for you. Depending on what axle you're putting it on they can also put the coil buckets on the truss so that all you have to do is weld the truss on the axle and weld on some LCA mounts and it's an instant axle swap ready to bolt in. There's no option for swaybar link mounts with the truss though, so those would have to be done separately.

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
I have a TereFlex high steer for the D30. My mount is virtually identical to the ones shown. You will have to fab the mount. With the TereFlex set up, you can run the drag link in two positions, above or below the steering arm. I am currently running the drag link below the top arm so that the drag link doesn't hit the frame on full stuff on a SkyJacker 6" lift. However I am running the tie rod above the steering arm to gain ground clearance for it.

It is critical to have the track bar at the same angle as the drag link and as close to parallel as possible to avoid bump steer.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That UCA mount is just a stock mount that was cut off a D30, flipped around, raised and gusseted. There are UCA mounts available from Rubicon Express and others though. The swaybar mounts are sold individually. They're great pieces, and come with a gusset, but IMHO they are a bit overpriced as individual parts.

Also, I don't know what all you're planning or what your budget is, but TREKS (T&T Customs) has a slick truss kit available with the UCA mounts, trackbar mount (stock, OTK, or hi-steer), etc all already set up for you. Depending on what axle you're putting it on they can also put the coil buckets on the truss so that all you have to do is weld the truss on the axle and weld on some LCA mounts and it's an instant axle swap ready to bolt in. There's no option for swaybar link mounts with the truss though, so those would have to be done separately.
yeah i had that kit on my 44...its b.a...i just think is a lot of money to dump on a dana 30....

i just want to put better lower control brackets, passenger upper that is crap..and sway bar mounts with the track bar mount as well..

i mean..

lower mounts 50$
upper 50$
sway bar...40$ for both...
track bar mount 50..

thats 200$...

tnt is 159$
sway bars 40$
lower 44
upper 69 and 59
track bar 80
thats...a lot :p..

i mean...i just dont see the point of this for running 35s...

it is b.a...now if i could score a dana 44 of a rubicon..then thats a different story....

·
Registered
378 Posts
For 35s you'll probably be OK without a truss. Neither of our Jeeps are running trusses and we've had 35s on both of them for years now. The majority of guys out there running 35s on D30s probably aren't trussed. If you've got the money though it's an excellent upgrade, and I've seriously thought about it for a HP30 I may build for my XJ (Which currently has a LP30 out of a TJ in it).

Rubicon D44 isn't all that. It's a low pinion D44 center, so you're loosing clearance and get worse driveline angles, plus it's all D30 stuff other than the center section and inner shafts, so there's no gains there. Only real benefit to the Rubicon D44 is the ability to run lower than 4.88 gearing, and it comes with an air locker in it already.

Now, if a D44 out of one of the new JK Rubicons... THAT is a different story. :rock:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For 35s you'll probably be OK without a truss. Neither of our Jeeps are running trusses and we've had 35s on both of them for years now. The majority of guys out there running 35s on D30s probably aren't trussed. If you've got the money though it's an excellent upgrade, and I've seriously thought about it for a HP30 I may build for my XJ (Which currently has a LP30 out of a TJ in it).

Rubicon D44 isn't all that. It's a low pinion D44 center, so you're loosing clearance and get worse driveline angles, plus it's all D30 stuff other than the center section and inner shafts, so there's no gains there. Only real benefit to the Rubicon D44 is the ability to run lower than 4.88 gearing, and it comes with an air locker in it already.

Now, if a D44 out of one of the new JK Rubicons... THAT is a different story. :rock:
i agree.....idk..honestly im just going to beef it up with out the tnt truss..is a lot of money...i just cant rite now...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts