Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people do we have around here that ski/snowboard?

How active are you guys?

I ride a burton but I dont do it much anymore (havent had the time lately) and I have been into other things, but back in the day it was really enjoyable.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Been boarding for around ten years now, We used to get season passes, but all of my boarding buddies, including myself, are far too busy for the every weekend gig nowadays. I ride a Ride Mountain 163cm with Flow buindings, it's a freakin hotrod!! I'm not into the park scene, I dig natural terrain, powder lines, and lots and lots of speed!! For some reason the faster I go, the more I smile, it's a sickness!! We used to go about twenty times or more a season, but now if I get out three times a year I'm doing good!! I plan on hitting it pretty hard this year, I'll post up if I have any pics. I want to do some hiking, and get some backcountry lines in. Now that I'm in decent shape that's an option. Last year....not so much!! I guess it's hard to hike and do BC if you're a fat a$$, at least it was for me!! What are some of the ski ares in your neck of the woods?? Mine are Breckenridge, Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, Copper Mountain, Wolf Creek (my favorite), Vail, Beaver Creek, Ski Cooper, Monarch Mountain, well you get the idea, we have a lot of resorts to choose from!! BTW, if you ever get the chance to come here and ride, check out Wolf Creek, they get more snow than any one place should!! Last year was almost a thousand inch season!!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Used to ski...been boarding for a few years now. Got a Santa Cruz board and some of the best local mountains! Whistler, Blackcomb, Big White, Silver Star, Grouse, Seymour, and pretty close to Baker in Wa. State!

One of the great things about living where I do! Lots of city stuff to do when you feel like it, lots of mountains if you're in the mood for that, Ocean is minutes away, lots of lakes and places to go wheeling...all under 2 hours away!

How can you beat that?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Heven't been boarding in about 5 years, last time I did I put myself in the hospital :rofl: But that's not why I stopped. Having a son kinda limits those kinda thing. Would love to go again though.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Used to ski...been boarding for a few years now. Got a Santa Cruz board and some of the best local mountains! Whistler, Blackcomb, Big White, Silver Star, Grouse, Seymour, and pretty close to Baker in Wa. State! One of the great things about living where I do! Lots of city stuff to do when you feel like it, lots of mountains if you're in the mood for that, Ocean is minutes away, lots of lakes and places to go wheeling...all under 2 hours away! How can you beat that?
I have to admit it, you have it pretty good. I think that Canada is a beautiful country!! I'd love to visit sometime!!

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I used to ski but then I had a run in with a tree about 6 years ago that broke my leg in 3 places, a couple ribs and snapped my right wrist, haven't been since

·
Banned
851 Posts
It's been years, I use to snowboard when I lived in Virgina back in '93. There was like 4 of use we'd get a cab to drop us off in the mountains some where. Than down hill through the unknown back to the car. Good times...

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I have to admit it, you have it pretty good. I think that Canada is a beautiful country!! I'd love to visit sometime!!
Well, when your dept. of homeland security finally pushes you too much, let me know, and we'll go wheeling, camping, snowboarding, boating, whatever, depending on what time of year it is!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Well, when your dept. of homeland security finally pushes you too much, let me know, and we'll go wheeling, camping, snowboarding, boating, whatever, depending on what time of year it is!:thumbsup:
Sounds great!!:hi::cheers::cheers:On me!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Used to ski...been boarding for a few years now. Got a Santa Cruz board and some of the best local mountains! Whistler, Blackcomb, Big White, Silver Star, Grouse, Seymour, and pretty close to Baker in Wa. State!

I too used to ski. I do every now and then now. But, I've boarded for about 6 or 7 years. I'm not a park guy, I'm more into powder, carving corderoy, or technical stuff (love bumps on a board, even if it's hard on a 172).

I've never been to Seymour, and only did Grouse in the summer. But I've hit the other ones you listed at some time or another. The 'rents have a place at Silver Star, and it really is 'home' seeing as I was from Vernon. Another good mountain is Sun Peaks, and Powder King looks like it has potential.

I missed the entire last season... And we'll see how this season goes. Hopefully I'll get some vertical in at Blue River.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
I never experienced skiing or snowboarding but if you call putting on a plastic garbage bag and sliding down a hill at 30 mph "skiing" then yeah been there done that :)

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I snowboard every time I go to Argentina every 3 years... I really like it,, I do OK, for what lil practice I get in PR,, NONE.. the closest thing is my neighbors gravity board..

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
I snowboard. I have only been 4 times but it's hella fun. I bought a cheapy snowboard and gear so I'm all ready for this next season.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Two planking is for girls (like my gf)... plus if I still had a ski, I'd make a skishot! (if your not sure what that is, do a google image search, there's a nice pic of underage drinking)

For years my second board that I've owned / road hard and hung up wet was an awesome Rossi Pro Line with a solid wood core, K2 strap-in bindings and K2 boots with burton clothing. This season is the first time I've had a new board in years. It's so new I only know it's a Burton something but I got hooked up with board, bindings and boots!

As far as my terrain... I do like the park but I'm VERY slow to warm up. Even after boarding for years I still need to warm up on green and blue runs before I hit the good stuff. Just need to get my sea legs back after driving 4 hours to the snow! I don't live in the park though I also like long empty runs with fresh powder to carve up. The kind where your cutting so hard that you can touch the snow with your hand.

Also, not to hurt any feelings but snap-ins and flow bindings are for grandmas that don't want to sit down and secure a boot by hand. Flow bindings = auto hubs :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts