Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i am about tired of winter this year. Cold temps and never any accumulation of snow to speak of... just a dusting here and there. So i get up this am and i hear were expecting a foot or better here.... cool.

So i have a coupla cups of joe and slip into my onesy. Head out to the driveway to install my front driveshaft, get everything out of garage and i realize i cant find my hardware for the shaft. Damnit..

Since we havent had a signifigant snowfall here in a few years i'm ready to take a drive in fresh powder, and i'm not giving up this easy. So i take a ride down to the local yard with a 1/4" ratchet with 8mm socket and a 1/2" wrench. Who the hell is buying all the front driveshafts?! Most of the rigs are sitting on the ground as you cant leave anything in the air. (we had a guy get crushed here recently when a car fell on him) Fortunately i find 2 8mm bolts and a strap lying near an axle on one rig. I keep looking and find one rig that still has the transfer and front shaft on it. I grab the dude running the lift and ask if he can lift the rig for me... tells me they cant do that anymore.

OK, i can reach 2 of the bolts at transfer but my fat arse cant get under far enough to get the other two. This Jeep just happens to have one tire on it, so i put it in 4wd and ask him to push the Jeep a few feet. That rotates the shaft enough for me to get the other two bolts. By this time my back and knees are killing me from dealing with the stones under me. Thats when i remember where my hardware is!

So, i go home and install the driveshaft. I'm ready for tomorrow morning and a nice little drive in fresh snow. Next week i'll be ready for birds chirping, wildflowers and warm temps. Bring on spring!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I remember snow. It was 1973 (or was it 74?)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We got screwed again. We did get about 5" but everyone else got 9+. Wasnt even worth cleaning off the Jeep, so it sat there.

Bring on spring!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts