Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

So $95 ticket due to jeep to loud

4K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  Certo 
#1 ·
Yeah tonight could not have been any worse cause me and my girlfriend were a in a big fight and i was out in the middle of no where and i was not even speeding and a cop got behind me and fallowed me all the way back into town then all over to town and a block from here house i see the lights turn on. So i pull over and the cop got all mad at me and asked if i had the stock muffler on my jeep which i dont i have a cherry bomb that sounds amazing and i told i had that but just have it as a bolt on and my stock is at home. I told im i just went wheeling and change them out when i go up and then he took all my stuff to his car and came back with a $95 ticket and said i have 20 days to pay it. This sucks cause i have just enough money to pay my rent and jeep payment but no money for food and i cant find work. So wish me luck that my gf's dad can drop the ticket for me sense he is the person that does that for greeley

#6 ·
see what da judge says and put the stock exhaust back on. if you explain the same thing to the judge, he may be nice to you. cops around here dont care much for lifted or wide-tired rigs but they are anal about loud exhausts. i see farting ricers get pulled over on 51 here all the time. those exhausts are soooo annoying.

#8 ·
yea i hate when the cops do that crap how is giving a ticket for loud exaust protecting or serving any one

i almost lost my lincens for tinted windows, they said $750 or lose your lincens so i talked to the judge and he said take the tints off and pay $350 witch is still crazy but i took it cause its better than $750

#9 ·
Yeah the cops around here suck and greeley is hurting for money so they just giive tickets for anything now. I think im goin to pull the cherry bomb off for good and put my dynomax that i have sitting around on just cause that is quitter

#14 ·
maybe the economy is making cops write more tickets and actually enforce ALL the laws. I don't know where the money from tickets goes to but everything helps.. I dunno...:dunno:

#18 ·
i would so drive that wrangler!!! just to piss people off!!! :rofl::rofl: Anyways, i just hate cops, they will pull you over for damn near ANYTHING!!! don't matter if thire boyfriend didnt tuck them in last night or he don't like the sound of your rig. I got pulled over a few months ago going down the highway at 55mph. the cop gets out and says i have too much lift, no doors, loud exhaust, boggers stuck out too much and no mud flaps. I got so screwed in court its not even funny. it pisses me off even more its my damn hobby and he could be out finding child molesters or drug dealers but no, they gotta get YOU the person driving around in your toy, like its hurting anyone!!!:devil::brickwall::brickwall:

#20 ·
Wow thats so dumb I hate when cops do that stuff...I could understand if u were like so high and wide that it took up the road but no wider then bigger trucks i bet...well the cop prob was just mad that he couldnt have anything like urs...did u pay all the fines?

#25 ·
Well let me tell you what would of happended in over regulated Western Australia.

First the cop would give you a ticket for excessive noise. $100. Then he would "work order" the car. A big yellow sticker on the windscrren saying you can't drive it until it's fixed - or get arrested.

So you fix the muffler, pay the fine and present your car for inspection. The problems now start. The inspection is from top to bottom, anything wrong ie oil leaks, cracked seals etc and it doesn't get passed. Oh did I forget to mention all modifications need a permit or engineers certificate. If not take it all back to orginal and fix everything they find before the sticker comes off.

When you get stopped by a taffic cop over here it's yes sir no sir. Argue, get an attitude etc and get a work order for something like a faded indicator lens. But that the traffic cops and a law called the Vehicle Standards Regulations.

My dads a cop - a Detective Sergeant at Homicide and he even hates traffic cops.

Rob

#29 ·
Damn, I wish we had that here in Jersey. The three times I've been stopped, the cop has followed me, riding my bumper for well over a mile. None of the times was I doing anything illegally. Two times I got stopped because it was late at night and I guess they thought they'd get lucky and catch a drunk driver - which they didn't.... and the other time was for a license plate light that was blown out so my plate wasn't properly illuminated.

#28 ·
No it didn't happen to me. Even though I'm lifting 3.5 inches I'll keep it all in proportion and that will keep them happy. They are mailnly looking for the strret racers and arn't to bad witht he 4x4.

They could follow you around all day if they want to - no harrassment. They pick on us young guys, we are easy to spot because for the first 2 years we have to wear a P plate on our car to show we are probationary drivers. You just behave, don't be stupid and be pleasent when they stop you.

Rob

#31 ·
I sometimes enjoy when the cops follow my rig around, cause they see me with my metal music blasting and the mud on the truck and look for something to pull me over for. Luckily I guess they haven't found anything, so i get a little laugh. I'll have to see how that goes once the new tires go on and the fenders come off...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.