Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put a few posts up about my bad axle u joints that are less then 2 years old and some hollowing I was hearing...Well me and a buddy just got done putting 2 new hd u joints on and all my problems went away. But get this the old u joints that arnt that old I had a shop do cause at that time it was something I couldnt do on my own. well the shop NEVER PUT THE GREASE FITTING ON!! so my u joint had 2 freakin holes in them so of course the joints were destroyed. Think I should do something about this?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I would raise hell about it, but frankly you should have taken it back to them as is. They could always suspect that you just "found" these and are trying to take them for a ride.

They won't want to give you money back, but they probably would have replaced the u-joints for free including labor.

So at this point all you can expect to get is a "we're sorry".

At least that is my point of view. I personally would still tell them, but I would make it clear I'm not trying to get any money from it, just a pissed customer because they FAILED.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ture. i moved from where i had them done. but i see what ur sayin for all they know i picked them up from the ground at a junk yard.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know the people at the shop i went there for years so i dont think it intentional or anything im sure they were just forgoten. but yea ill call and see what that say.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I'd honestly just let it go and take it as a learning experience, to check others' work when you pick up your rig from them.

They're not going to refund you any money, and probably won't even give a crap to be honest.

Just my .02

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
a little less than two years, they proably dont even rember working on it so i wouldnt even wast my breath calling there not going to do any thing about it any way
just my $.02 do what you do though :dunno:

sucks that it happened and you had to replace :thumbdown:

·
Registered
444 Posts
wheel joints shouldn't have a grease zerk.. if they're greasable at all, most of them are not.. grease through the caps just like the U-joints found in a driveshaft CV unit

but two years.. thats crap.. i think they might of used the wrong joint..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Interesting.......They remember doing it cause when I found I need u joints again I called to see If they had a warrenty or anything. not a chance. and at that time I didnt know the fittings were missing and only one joint was lose so I asked if they did both before or just one they said both.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts