Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Some of those heavy truck repairs in poorer countries get pretty wild. Honestly this is pretty tame for what I was expecting. I think I would have gone about doing what they did much the same way, although I may never be comfortable spinning that thing in a lathe. The welding on the other hand......that guy must have fireproof skin and balls. No gloves, no welding coat or chaps, just a handheld eye shield and a buzzbox. The reusing of Ubolts is something Im trying to ignore, but chances are they'll last longer than some other parts of the truck. I don't want to even think about how many cans (or maybe cases?) of Brakklean I would have used in cleaning out that housing. They just drug it through the dirt and installed it. Handful of sand in your diff? Who cares?

·
Super Moderator
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have watched a bunch of their videos. They work in gangs, most tools are hand made and very crude. I have also spent many mind numbing hours watching crash videos of trucks, the biggest majority in third world countries. The trucks are ALWAYS over loaded. And not by a little. Popping wheelies and the Front tires hanging 6 feet in the air is common. I don't think they have junk yards, they fix everything and put it back to work. It cost 30 to get an alternator or starter rebuilt. I watched a guy completely tear apart a battery, clean the plates, melt new lead connections for plates, put everything back together, melt the plastic parts back together, fill it up, put a charge it and send it out. The dude will probably die from lead poisoning in a few years.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Damn, rebuilding a battery, thats dedication. Next time my battery dies on the road Ill have to remember that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts