Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just brought it to the shop for a coolant issue which i thought was a cracked head but luckily turned out to be just a thermostat and some leaky hoses. The only problem that seems to be left is that my oil pressure is everywhere all at once. On cold starts it hangs out just above 40 (where it used to be regularly, regardless) but as soon as i hit the throttle it goes up corresponding with the rpms. although once it is at running temp it holds at about 30 when moving but starts to fall when i let off the gas and when idling goes down almost to 0.

any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
Check your oil pressure sending unit and make sure the connector is not filled with oil.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yup that would be the first thing that I would look into, let us know if that isnt the problem.
x3

If you still can't sleep well over it, get an oil preasure testing kit. I got mine from Macto Tools for just under $200, but you can get em' way cheaper then that, with all kinds of adaptors for different vehicles.

I've had different Jeeps sit a different oil preasures. I can fire up my XJ and she'll sit at 15psi, while my WJ right next to it will sit at 40 psi.

The basic rule (as far as I have been told by wise old jeepers) is 10 psi for every 1000 rpms. (someone correct if thats wrong)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts