Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well its a 97 xj sport dana 30/35 with factory track lock rear and full skid plates. when i got her she was a lil beat, up bone stock 173k on the clock and 31" bfg all terrains. as soon as i got it i ordered a 4.5 rough country aal and starting having fun. now i have the it's on my stock rims and mickey baja claws on steel d windows, crappy built rear bumper and ALOT of new parts to keep her road worthy. i do a CRAP TON of highway driving to and from work so shes more of a pavement queen than any thing but when i take her out im ready to break lol

plans:
8.8 rear disk with taller perches (2.5")
front rubicon express pucks 2" (in basement)
sye (probably re hack and tap)
fender cuts
3.73 gears
lock rite front and back
33" baja claws
new bumpers with steering box stiffeners (custom built by me ... got a mile marker 8k lb winch)
roof rack
hella lights for roof rack and bumpers (back up lights dont work ... ill fix that)
1 ton steering

think that's about it any comments on my to do list let me know ... im lookin for seasoned advice that's why im here

·
Registered
672 Posts
i went w/ 4.56's when i ran 33's. i could go down the mass. pike at 70 without a problem. I used a Detroit in the front for one winter and it was scary as hell in the snow. I wished i had just bought a selectable then when it was a pavement pounder. IMO Id chose the ECTED locker for a DD. Otherwise nice plans, and the 8.8 is pound for pound one of the best deals out there. Enjoy spending near every dime on her. J.E.E.P. Just Empty Every Pocket!! :rofl:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
im just trying to keep the rpms down ... right now with 3.55 at 70 im 2500 rpm ... kinda want to keep it lower if possible with 33's and as for lock rite i heard those wont mess with ur steering while in 2wd ... only reason i decided to go with it ... oh ya and cheap lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts