Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Carolina Driveline front driveshaft over the weekend and now I have a squeak. I didn't notice it when I test drove it Saturday after the repair, but after sitting all day Sunday, it started squeaking on the way to work this (Monday) morning. I called Carolina Driveline and he said it could be my rear driveshaft- but I doubt it since the front of my rear driveshaft is the cv type joint with the rubber boot. AND it's doubtful that that started squeaking right after I replaced the front shaft. My initial thoughts were u-joint. But the thing came pre-greased and it doesn't start making noise til i break 10MPH. Could it be the dust cover thing that slips around my yoke and gets pressed into the t-case? I installed a new yoke and had to remove that dust cover from my old yoke and install it on my new one. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
6,426 Posts
^--- that or maybe the angle?? how much lift are you running if anything? maybe a joint is a little loose.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i had the same problem.. found out it was the ball joint inside the double cardan u joint that was binding up and causing it to squeak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts