Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 5.2 engine Completely stock.recently I have been a stalling problem.The jeep starts up and runs fine.The cooler the ambient temperature the better.If I am on a 20 minute or longer drive it will sometimes stall on me.If it doesn't stall if won't start when I come back to the car 5-10 minutes later.However if I wait for about 20 minutes and underhood temperature cools it fires right up and away I go again.This is not a fuel issue it definitly has to do with spark and something related to spark getting to warm.When it is not starting I am not getting spark but after it cools then spark returns and it starts.The Jeep has right at 200000 miles and runs very well when it is not doing this.I am thinking maybe coil and I will be changing the coil this weekend just because it's easy to get at and not an expensive part Any ideas what might be causing this.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Those symptoms are usually caused by the crank position sensor beginning to fail. If it hasn't been changed in the last 100K, it is time. Use only genuine Mopar stuff on sensors. The Chinese crap doesn't last

1 - 2 of 2 Posts