Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have been able to narrow down the problem.

The noid light test indicates all the injectors are getting a consistent signal to fire from the computer.

Then I checked the injectors and found that they were intermittingly firing. The injectors are SMP FJ682 and appear in new condition. The inlet and outlet of each injector is very clean. It checked the resistance of each injector and measures 13.9 to 14 ohms across the coils on each of the injectors. I'm thinking the resistance is too high. Is the resistance supposed to be 8 to 12 ohms?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have found my wiring to be in good condition. I narrowed my problem down to fuel injectors.

The noid light test indicates all the injectors are getting a consistent signal to fire from the computer.

Then I checked the injectors and found that they were intermittingly firing. The injectors are SMP FJ682 and appear in new condition. The inlet and outlet of each injector is very clean. It checked the resistance of each injector and measures 13.9 to 14 ohms across the coils on each of the injectors. I'm thinking the resistance is too high. Is the resistance supposed to be 8 to 12 ohms?

The injectors could also be sticking. I will remove them and have them checked.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I had the injectors tested. They are functioning properly. My problem still remains. Any other thoughts?

·
Premium Member
10,534 Posts
Generally this is what happens when your crank position or cam position sensor is going bad. You can test the plugs on both with an ohm meter to see if they are working

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I ran a scan on the PCM and found one of the PIDs was labeled "Safety Fuel Cutoff." This PID had a value of "no" until the engine started, then the value changed to "yes." When this value changed to "yes" the engine dies. I cannot find anything about this anywhere. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? I do not have a factory alarm system, or any alarm system, and the VATS in the computer are disabled.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts