Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running a steering box brace like this.

I just bought a Rustys brace but it is missing the clamp that goes around the gear box above the pitman arm.

Rustys Offroad: Steering Box Brace XJ

Called Rustys about the clamp he wants $22 plus shipping. Any body got any ideas what may work instead. I also found this but still $21, I would think it would work.

SB9037C - MORE - Steering Box Brace Clamp Only | Tellico 4x4

I also bought a Big Daddy Tierod, they came as a package deal.
4x4ROCKSHOP.com - (877) 4x4-ROCK

More Jeep stuff. I'm so excited LOL:rock:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anybody running a steering box brace like this.

I just bought a Rustys brace but it is missing the clamp that goes around the gear box above the pitman arm.

Rustys Offroad: Steering Box Brace XJ

Called Rustys about the clamp he wants $22 plus shipping. Any body got any ideas what may work instead. I also found this but still $21, I would think it would work.

SB9037C - MORE - Steering Box Brace Clamp Only | Tellico 4x4

I also bought a Big Daddy Tierod, they came as a package deal.
4x4ROCKSHOP.com - (877) 4x4-ROCK

More Jeep stuff. I'm so excited LOL:rock:
go to the hardware store and find a clamp from a chain link fence

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you have some 1" strips of steel you can make that portion. It just needs to wrap around the area above the pitman arm where is round. I have seen several write ups on homebrew ones as well. You might search some other forums for other jeep homebrew setups since that's gonna be the same.

Cole

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
wait, the rustys one didnt come with it? shouldnt it? that kind of messed if its not complete.
That's what I thought too, so I read it a couple of times. He said "I just bought a Rustys brace..." So maybe he bought it used.

I need to get me one of those tierod thingies.

Of couse I need about $20k to get everything I "need" for the Jeep. :brickwall:

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought both items used. He lost the clamp for the brace and the jam nuts for the tierod. The price was right so if I need to get things to go with them its not really an issue.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would think a trip the hardware store you could find something. Print out a pic of the bracket and measure height and you could probably get someone to help you find a compatible part. When you get it installed post back I'd be interested in seeing if it helps.

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys

·
Registered
89 Posts
Be careful dealing with Rusty's. They will bone you. If their crap doesn't break, you'll pay twice the cost of the part in shipping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts