Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Wow, 6 years. and no receipt. You can try. Best of luck.
Maybe it's in your glove box.

I store all my email receipts in a folder for that vehicle or vendor. Possible you do too?

fwiw, the pic proves there was a radiator.
Yeah, since then ive changed jobs, changed computers, changed houses, and consequently my records are disorganized at best.
After Looking further into CSF's warranty policy, its only two years anyway.
So i cut my losses and bought a new one so i can just get it done this weekend while the weather is mild. Ordered a Spectra OEM style replacement for $70 instead of blowin the money on a 2-row metal this time, we'll see how this one does. Never had any temp issues with the CSF in there, fan clutch, hoses and water pump were replaced 6 years ago with that radiator and heater core flushed clear this summer, so no reason it shouldnt be good.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yeah, since then ive changed jobs, changed computers, changed houses, and consequently my records are disorganized at best.
After Looking further into CSF's warranty policy, its only two years anyway.
So i cut my losses and bought a new one so i can just get it done this weekend while the weather is mild. Ordered a Spectra OEM style replacement for $70 instead of blowin the money on a 2-row metal this time, we'll see how this one does. Never had any temp issues with the CSF in there, fan clutch, hoses and water pump were replaced 6 years ago with that radiator and heater core flushed clear this summer, so no reason it shouldnt be good.
I don't put a lot of miles on my '00 but the Napa radiator, which is just a rebranded Spectra, has been in mine for over 6 1/2 years now so......

It does have a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Oh also if and when I still have my receipt. LOL.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Radiator snot

Ready to drain and replace on Saturday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I find my love reluctant to the quad coiled .7 something littered thingiemadoos but have undying mad iron love for the old Wagoneer/ Gladiator interesting big iron tank I see there! I've directed every inch if both of those machines. Ah the jeep deep adventures!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
I find my love reluctant to the quad coiled .7 something littered thingiemadoos but have undying mad iron love for the old Wagoneer/ Gladiator interesting big iron tank I see there! I've directed every inch if both of those machines. Ah the jeep deep adventures!
I find my love reluctant too sometimes Jimmy, it’s ok, don’t be ashamed.

Ah yes, that’s Sally, she’s a 79 Wagoneer from Colorado. She’s still in Deep hibernation, hopefully I’ll stir her slumber soon, had to get these other Drivers in shape first though. She’s a long term dream.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Been a few since an update. Good news is that means I’ve just been driving it more than working on it.
I did replace the radiator, stock type replacement, plastic tanks. Looking at the new vs old you can definitely see the difference in build. Shame the CSF ended up leaking anyway. Oh well.

Unfortunately I have a new leak now, power steering hi pressure hose. At the metal crimp, nice slow oooze. Enough to mark territory.

Meanwhile the WJ is still leaking at the high pressure hose fitting at the pump. I have to top off that fluid every other weekend.

I learned my lesson man, always replace hoses when you have stuff apart.

I soooo don’t want to tear apart stuff to replace that hose on the WJ. Such a PITA. And such a mess.

The XJ hose will be much easier and less messy.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
I’ve gone back twice now to re-tourque and tighten stuff.
Few weeks ago I was getting squeaks and clunks out of the steering, and traced back to the frame side track bar mount. See it wiggle and jiggle like jello

Wrenched that down tight as I could and it seemed to hold.

Recently was getting pops and Clunks again, feeling stuff shifting when braking in reverse and stuff.

Took wheels of and went around re-torquing everything again. Didn’t find anything obviously loose, but after doing so there’s no more stuff shifting around, feels tight again so far.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
Making a lot of progress on the Jeep and garage I see. Great scores on those hose reels. With filters to boot! And I think I would give that exhaust shop a piece of my mind. I've seen 5yr olds weld better than what that exhaust "joint" has crapped on it. Take your business elsewhere next time. I can't believe that Ironman steering is giving you fits. TREs should be good, Im on the fence about my heim steering sometimes, but everyone that sticks with TREs usually swears they are better than heims for tie rod roll and slop.

221 - 229 of 229 Posts