Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes that is the same as using an RCA converter. It is called a 'high input" when you do not have rca inputs.
so the converter is built in the amp? i didn't know that until i got my amp in the mail, i ordered the converter with it and couldn't get it to work correctly, im glad it had the high level inputs though. i always thought kenwood was a goo brand, is it? my dad thought they were cheap

·
Registered
358 Posts
its well worth it to get a new head unit, if you look around you can find one with sd/usb/aux inputs, and standard and sub rca outputs for around $75, and after that its up to you to choose where you want to lose space, as xjs werent built with many "cubby holes" for subs. yesterday a fellow cherokee driver and i built a combo pioneer rack/sub enclosure....basically a big sheet of wood across the back bay along the same topline as the seat, with a mdf box on the bottom and 2 subs countersunk into the top wood

·
Registered
323 Posts
so the converter is built in the amp? i didn't know that until i got my amp in the mail, i ordered the converter with it and couldn't get it to work correctly, im glad it had the high level inputs though. i always thought kenwood was a goo brand, is it? my dad thought they were cheap
I hate to tell you this but they kinda suck. LOL their head units are good though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have been planning on wiring a amp for a sub in my Cherokee, i have the stock cassette deck, which i actually like because of its simplicity, but i came to the realization its so old it probably doesn't have RCA outputs for a amp, i am going to take it out tommorow and double check, but is it necessary to replace the stock deck or is there another way? thanks!
Allot of people will find this information handy.

Any upmarket Jeep Vehicles are running a CAN Bus sound system. (Please google that). So to add any additional changes to the current system you will need to install this:

PAC AP4 CH41

This is the only option you have. (Please Google that to learn more).

There is no other accessory that will work. You must use that.

If you don’t use that and you try to hook into the current CAN Bus system, you will find you have NO volumn control on the amp you install.

They cost about $600+Tax+Postage

21 - 24 of 24 Posts