Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I know this is a long shot but a friend of mine and a fellow member of this site (Phillapenojeeper) has had his XJ Stolen today. I am posting it on here incase it has been removed from the state. It is a Red 96 Cherokee Sport with a 3" Rough country lift and 31" Cooper STT's. I am posting a pic so if it is seen somewhere. If you see it please call 911. and or call me at Michael (785) 819-0376

Thanks
Michael

·
Squirrel Master
1,383 Posts
BAH! That really sucks, my heart goes out to him. If someone stole my XJ, the streets would run red with their blood!!! If I see it, I'll go citizen justice all over the place.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we spent 6 hrs tonight driving around checking all the back roads, parks, and other places tonight and we are going to continue the search tommorow. We are hoping to recover it but I don't know what the chances are

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
we spent 6 hrs tonight driving around checking all the back roads, parks, and other places tonight and we are going to continue the search tommorow. We are hoping to recover it but I don't know what the chances are
I think the chances are pretty good. You should hear something in about 3 to 5 days. If longer than that it's gone.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sorry to hear that....

I lived in the KC area for almost a year... my rental car was stolen three times...

Everytime it was meth-heads wanted a ride... Three of my co-workers had the same thing happen. Everytime they found it a few days later with the interior all torn-up and out of gas...

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok Jeep WAS recovered today in South West Kansas ( near Ok boarder) and with the exception of some new heavy scratches, a busted marker light and a huge dent in the front of the driver fender it was unharmed. it was located sitting in the ditch outta gas on a 2 lane highway south of Dodge City

Thanks guys for keeping an out in ya areas

·
Registered
87 Posts
Glad to hear your friend got it back man. That really sounds like he came off really well. Good thing it was probably just a drug-addict looking for a quick ride other than somebody who wheeled and wanted those 31" tires.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah he is lucky it wasn't trashed or stripped, the cops told him when we went to pick it up that it was prob used for druggies (yet nothing was found) and my freind said it will se worse damage than that sometime on the trails *lol*

·
Registered
444 Posts
Holy cow!! lucky guy!! bummer for the body damage though.. looked like a really clean jeep.. so they just recovered the rig? not those who stole it?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
wow, I glad you founded it soon enough here, when ppl steal a modded car, usually they take it apart for parts and then light it on fire....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts