Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Wonder if its even worth trying to trade it in? Craigslist it and take the cash straight to your local Deere or Kubota dealer!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Nuh, I'm thinking just a change in color....I'm thinking a nice Green or orange. Seriously though, I'd be better off tradin it in at that point. The more I get into it the worse it gets....shocked the trans housing ain't cracked too....

Reactions: XJSuperman

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sorry superman you beat me to it....

Reactions: XJSuperman

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So another update, walked out to the my little hoop house to water the garden and on the way back just for poops and giggles tried starting it up and getting it to move. No, dice...lol...but the 50 or so threads that I've read about the same issue always lead to the seat switch. Except one post that when the battery was disconnected for a time and then reconnected this gentleman's tractor would fire up and drive away....hmmm..... there is no computer on these things so why would that have anything to do with it? I did notice a couple of relays and a seat switch timer in the circuit. I will also mention that with the old battery in place it seemed no matter what I messed with ,if I took something apart and put back toget her the damn thing would fire up and drive away. Hence my absolute frustration with this thing. So in my disgust, I grabbed a B-F-H and started beating on the relays and timer. Don't you know it fired up and drove away.....I think now I'm down to 2 relays or a timer. Ain't residual magnetism fun! Guess it's nothing a hammer can't fix for now...hahahaha😉

Reactions: Gluckmysock

·
Premium Member
9,258 Posts
I have lots of stuff that will work if you grab a BFH and threaten it :D

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This thing is possessed! Got about 10 min of digging in before the stick for the bucket popped outta the socket. Took the assembly apart and got her all put back together. 10 minutes later same thing😤😠. So before my temper got the better of the tractor I brought her down to the garage and parked it . I came out in the morning to find the front tire is now flat😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
GET THAT THING OFF YOUR PROPERTY! Let someone else deal with its attitude problems.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well it's back on the ground and ready to break again....lol... I feel like I went 10 rounds with Tyson after getting it mounted on the rim.😩😩

Attachments

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
I would've filled it with foam or slime and slapped a forsale sign on it.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes I did, left it on the hot asphalt all day. Yeah, I want to but I have other things to spend money on. This pos was given to me , so I'll just suck it up at this point.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Yes I did, left it on the hot asphalt all day. Yeah, I want to but I have other things to spend money on. This pos was given to me , so I'll just suck it up at this point.
I thought you paid for it, and that was part of the problem?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I had offered 10k awhile back (when it was still worth it) but he telling me no. Since he moved out and took the tractor with him ,he has loaned this thing out to anybody who asked. It also spent about 6 months at the aggregate company where he works. the bosses kid cooked the engine on the skidsteer. So this poor thing has been used abused and never maintained. I would have taken this thing a lot better if I had known. It just got dropped off and was told here is the tractor and all the maintenance records (2).Then I discover no coolant in the rad (took a full gallon+).Hand throttle cable busted ,bucket cracked, box scrapper cracked . Bracket for the seat switch busted up. I could go on but you get the idea. I appreciate the gesture but I have enough crap to work on. Let alone have to lean about something new.
Rant over

21 - 34 of 34 Posts