Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 xj. While driving at @ 55 to 65 my xj will suddenly jerk. It seems as though the transmission slips. This usually starts after driving for 15-20 miles or after the vehicle has gotten good and warmed up. The tranny shifts good and smooth all the time. This only happens when cruising and not accelerating. In cruise control it will do it also. It鈥檚 as though when the pressure is off the accelerator and it needs little to no gas to maintain speed it suddenly will make a single hard jerk. I have replaced the kick down cable, throttle position sensor, fuel pressure regulator, transmission filter and fluid. The neutral safety switch is acting up and I have it but not installed yet. I know there is no transmission position sensor but could the neutral safety switch be the issue? Maybe crank sensors? Any way, I鈥檓 ready for some feedback. 馃憤馃徏

Premium Member
Do you have a check engine light on?

Premium Member
Generally when you get an intermittant thing like that it is the crank position sensor. If it hasn't been changed in the last 50K, it is a good idea to change it anyway. It is a tune up part like plugs etc.

Premium Member
Also, use genuine Chrysler parts on that. The others are Chinese crap and don't last

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Generally when you get an intermittant thing like that it is the crank position sensor. If it hasn't been changed in the last 50K, it is a good idea to change it anyway. It is a tune up part like plugs etc.
Well that鈥檚 about all that鈥檚 left to do unless it鈥檚 something more serious in the transmission but thanks for your input. Greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond. 馃憤馃徏

Premium Member
Hope you get it all worked out

Registered
Could be play in the rear end. Causing the jerk when it hits od.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
Check your vacuum lines. The cruise uses vacuum to operate. Kind of a long shot, but worth a look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts