Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this Jeep truck? Sorry if this is a repost, but I can't figure out how he did this mod.

Wonder if the owner is on here ...?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Try IFSJA.org if you want to find the owner, I'd say 95% chance he'd be there. FSJ guys stick together, like the MJ guys.

It looks to me like he took a SJ cherokee cab, cut the back off and stuck the pickup portion on it, then threw a cut down pickup bed on it. Kinda cool, but not my cup of tea. I think J-trucks are badass without 4drs.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Page 1 of that album shows it started life as an 81 J10. Looks to me he cut the roof/rear panel off another J truck to make a quadcab. Then shortened the bed to fit what was left of the frame.

Looks good.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very amazing build, whoever did it. I want it. I'll trade my Z71 for it.
Indeed. That's some first class work, just from the pics. Patience, well thought out and although he said he "threw some paint at it", looks like he spent some time to make it look great. Some serious love for the brand there to go to all that trouble. Originality ... it's what's for dinner!

·
Registered
311 Posts
some guys thought i was the only 1 crazy enough to hack up a jeep, that rig is sweet, wish i had 4 doors sometimes

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I'd like to know what yellow Jeep truck that "Jo" drove in "Twister".

I saw that movie again the other day, and it hurt seeing them trash that pickup.

Hmmm I feel an Internet search coming on.

Well that was easy. It was a 1982 J10 Jeep Honcho. Three were used in the film.

http://www.remarkablecars.com/main/jeep/1982-jeep-001.jpg

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
some guys thought i was the only 1 crazy enough to hack up a jeep, that rig is sweet, wish i had 4 doors sometimes
First off hi from NB to XJcoupe.... nice looking rig saw it on cardomain a few months back..
I cut up a 88 xj 4dr back in 94 but before I could finsh a guy bought it from me. I am doing a 4dr comanche soon..
Station I do not know the owner of that but that is my plan for the comanche
I had a fs cherokee and did hack the back off it but I had a canvas top made for it. that was a few years back. and as far as the buid I am doing if we ever stop getting snow I will make it happen... everytime I go dig the trucks out it snows more.. so I stoped for now.. another 1 and a half on its way sunday.. BLA..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trade you all that snow for my front diff :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts