1,786 Posts
PORC Performance Offroad Road
Rugged Ridge
Rubicon Express

I'm sure there are others

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've been running the Hack & Tap from Rubicon Express and a front DS for about 2.5 years now with zero problems.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
PORC Performance Offroad Road
Rugged Ridge
Rubicon Express

I'm sure there are others
PORC has been screwing people over lately. I'd refrain from ordering their products for the time being. I did buy my sye from them last year but it seems they took a turn for the worse and alot of customers are furious with their service. I read a book-worth of posts about these ticked-off customers on Pirate.

Basically any regular sye kit will work with a front shaft, except the super short sye's might be cutting it close.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks. if your able to run a front DS then why don't more people do it? im just wondering if there is a good reason for it.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
thanks. if your able to run a front DS then why don't more people do it? im just wondering if there is a good reason for it.
quite alot of us do run the front shaft back there. you could create a poll and see who uses front shafts or aftermarkets and i bet you'll see way more folks using the front shaft instead.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Yea, unfortunately I've also read many of the same posts about PORC. It may just be a phase that they're going through, although bad news lives on longer than good news. Hopefully they'll get their act together soon.

All the suggestions others have offered are good, you should just decide what price range you want to stay within. I use the Rubicon Express setup on mine as well, it was easy, cheaper, and is holding up perfectly. I also use a front XJ shaft in the rear - no complaints.

You definately will hear of many people using an XJ front in the rear as you spend more time searching around forums, it's probably one of the most common setups IMHO.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
That really sux to hear. I've been running a PORC SYE for about 3 years now with no issues. I run a front driveshaft on the rear as well. I've been on 35's with mild to major wheelin' with no issues. Great setup.
Yeah the kit's been fine for me for almost a year. It's pretty much AA's twin kit with a scratch or two here and there. I hope they get their act together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an '89 xj 4.0 I6 5spd manual with an np231 TC and d35 rear axle. I was wondering if I can do an SYE and use a front DS? If so what year and model front DS can I use? Thanks

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
I have an '89 xj 4.0 I6 5spd manual with an np231 TC and d35 rear axle. I was wondering if I can do an SYE and use a front DS? If so what year and model front DS can I use? Thanks
Yes you can, try using a auto front 4.0l shaft. That should be the correct length for you being that you have a manual. But you may want to measure first. If you need a longer driveshaft then grab a front DS from a manual tranny XJ.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes you can, try using a auto front 4.0l shaft. That should be the correct length for you being that you have a manual. But you may want to measure first. If you need a longer driveshaft then grab a front DS from a manual tranny XJ.
Thanks for the response :thumbsup: Right now I have 4.5" lift and TC drop. I am going to purchase an sye kit but from what point to point on the DS should I measure? Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts