Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked this 92 4 dr Laredo h.o. 4.0l auto np242 up. Definitely a project. But I will use parts from my now retired LIMITED HERO 89 xj with h.o. /renix hybrid.

So far it needs a battery, door panels, headliner(maybe), see if it will start. There more most likely.

Now for some of the good stuff. I believe it has a 6.5" rough country x-series lift.
Coils, adjustable uppers and lowers, adjustable track bar, double shear track bar mount, quick disconnect sway bar end links, steel braided break lines front and rear, full leaf packs and shackles.
Looking around this lift goes for 800-899. I got the jeep with lift for 825.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,367 Posts
Congrats. There was another guy in your area on another forum that had his eye on it

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Sweet. With that amount of lift, I would upgrade to long arms. But all in all looks like a good project

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats. There was another guy in your area on another forum that had his eye on it
That's way my other jeep was. When I bought it some kid was going go the next day to put an offer on it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
93cherokee
Yeah I was already looking at them. But in the future first thing is to get it to a daily driver status.

Gluck
The little roughness isn't much pics don't really do it justice. Some of the thing I added to my limited will be swapped which should clean it up. At least the body isn't beat like limited hero, it liked to play in rock without protection. Lol

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well took two spare 35s and put them on the bomber. Also I'm loving this jeep more and more every time I look at it I find something else. Like today down swapping rollers for 35s. And noticed all the doors are removable and since they are power have wires all set up to plug and unplug. Also tossed a battery in it it starts and runs good .

Attachments

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Score!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Noticed a check engine light but has a crack in exhaust manifold right about the o2 sensor and maybe a small vacuum leak. But no real reason so far to why it was at the junkyard. Haven't driven it yet when I do it will be a little drive in fwd since rear drive line is out and it in middle of a hack n tap.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,367 Posts
Good start. You think you will have this running in a month or so?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
it ran yesterday. Getting limited hero towed down today. I going to put a grand Cherokee back seat I have laying around in for the back seat. Next major thing is will it drive which I hope to test soon. Then to get a yoke for the hack n tap. I need to sell limited to get my money back so if I do need to take major vital parts that will be best. Also get to use my manual doors. And cut up the stock ones for half door.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
https://youtu.be/ugR1VMDYxts
Made a video (not the best either) I'm have a weird high idle then it will almost stall out and then got back to high idle.

Also got all my 35" Baja claws on.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Check vacuum leaks first.

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
1+ on the vacuum leak check, also check the TPS as a bad signal there can cause idle issues. Any codes being thrown?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was a CEL I had changed out the IAC then notice it was gone. I'm going to spend most of the day with it. Beside this when I swapped out the rear tires yesterday I took the drums off and passenger side needs brake shoes. So instead of buying brakes for it I'm going to do the zj disk brake swap I have sitting around.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice thing about a parts jeep is having parts right there the bad thing is having to do the same job twice to get at parts. I have one fuel tank down and one to go. Fuel pump is bad in the bomber only had 10psi at the fuel rail. So the limited is give hers up for testing purposes then the right one will be bought.

Working for free on Mondays.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fuel pump was bad only getting 10 psi. Thing runs like a champ with a good pump in it. It drives too.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I put my 89 renix pump in so the sender reads backwards.
Full = empty
Empty = full
So I need to buy the right one.

·
Super Moderator
10,614 Posts
I put my 89 renix pump in so the sender reads backwards.
Full = empty
Empty = full
So I need to buy the right one.
WTF! Sounds like a wiring issue.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts