Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

21 - 40 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Nice trailer - tandem axles is the way to go.
yes it works great I have this on mounted on it now.

I had to do a little mod here and their for my likings and I want to put the fenders back up where they should be. the guy that had it hauled his old cars with it and droped the fenders as low as he could so he could open the doors of the old cars... they rub a bit on the tires with a jeep on it.... something to fix... I am going to ad a loot box on eather side infront of the fenders aswell for my straps and stuff..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
now that I have a trailer to haul my stuff with I can not help but buy more.. got the winch mounted on it and it works great
this is a 89 mj 2x4 picked it up for $150.00

this 86 4cyl 2x4 was used for parts for a got them both for $200.oo its has little to no rust and a factory sunroof WOW

Heres the 91

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
i envy you .... i wish i had that many parts running around .... id never go to work again

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
trust me having this much in the yard is more then a full time job... keep track of it, move it to mow the lawn, move it back, take parts off, place them someplace and remeber what they are off of, move them when you bring new jeep home, man its almost a head ach sometimes and then the worst part is that I have to poat pic's of them for people to see... hahhahahaaa LOL

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
well the jeep yj deal went all stupid so I had some extra cash and my friend wanted to sell his 88 4.0L auto almost a 4x4 short box Mj and parts truck also a short box..4.0L4x4 (missing front end as its on the 2x4 almost a 4x4) paid a bit for them but well worth it as the 88 driver is in unreal condition. only small dents on drivers side as the front let go and he hit a gared rail... oh well needs a door front fender and a bit of work to cab and door. picking them up next week after he gets his new truck. can't wait to show you this one.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Your jeep collectin gives a whole new meaning to you can never have too many jeeps lol

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
oh you know it.
Here are pics of the 305 in the XJ that I just got has the advace adaptor kit and the guy had a mechine shop make an other kit before hi put it in so I have a complet kit to use.
305 with 350 turbo trans adapted to the np231
I was under the jeep last night after finding great things in the cargo area. boxes of new parts. signal units for the steering, block heaters, new cap and wires for the 305, extra rad hoses new, lots of good finds, manual for the old cjs, OH and the the jeep has a d44 with limited slip in the rear... sye and 242 not 231 as I was told.. and shims to correct pinion angle... man I can not wait to get the others home and see what all they have..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
picked up a J20 today with a plow and it also has the factory out put shaft for power take off from the t-case.. LOL now I can run a winch off it or a snow blower... maybe even hook up the bushhog to mowe the lawn in the sumer hahhahhahaha:rock:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
yes I kow and I have all the atachment from the 1952 Mf tractor so no problem their. just have to take the rear driveshaft off the J10 and hook the up hahahhahaaaaa
the funny thing is the box was rotten on the J20 18 years ago when the guy bought it so he took the box off his comance that was hit in the front and put it on the J20 hahhahahahhah I had to buy the truck just for that reason alone

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
well pcked up a 88 with 4.0L aut np231 with a d44 in the rear. has 5 1/2" lift in the rear and it has bran new 3" coils up front for the grand cherokee that yeald a great 4 1/4" lift in the front. has soem 31's on it but the guy was running 33's no problem.
I will soon know as next week the lift is going on her 87 2dr d44 with limited slip 242 and some other stuff. I will take pics and do a build thread.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
more like a jeepoholic. he needs to attend a 4.0 step program
I do everyday attend the 40 steep program. dont stop till you have 40 jeeps.. hahahhaaaaa and it will never happen if I buy 2 sell one buy 3 part 4 out... it will take for ever.... its a life style not just a fast fix.. LOL

21 - 40 of 236 Posts