Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What throttle body spacer would you guys recomend for an 01 Cherokee Limited, 4.0L?

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
None. Upgrade the intake and exhaust and skip the TB spacer. It doesn't pay for itself and you get rarely any, if any, noticeable gain.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
As previously mentioned, there's not much point in spending the money on one - you're really not going to notice anything. The only reason I have one is it came with my cheapo intake setup from Rusty's, so I threw it on there.
I'd skip the spacer and find a decent exhaust or intake as mud recommended - you'll be happier with the money spent and you'll notice a difference in power and mpg (provided you don't USE the new power all the time :))

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, in that case, which intake upgrade would be suggested?

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
You already have an upgraded intake with the 2001. You could try a bored throttle body, but would not get much improvement out of it. A good quality header and free flowing exhaust system would be a good improvement.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
x2. and if your going with cheap autozone has round filters and tube use that and custom fit it. i bought mine from ebay it was 14 bucks it did improve my power and milage

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
im still runnin stock but to me anything that makes the engine breath better works. if you wanna go cheap or go all out then have at it. k&n, rustys, aem, airaid, etc will work. jst dont go crazy when you get it.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
If you have a chioce between K&N and AEM, go with AEM. Their filters work better and don't need oil in them.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
ya oilin filter means more work

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So you say I should get a TB spacer as well as a new intake?

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
No, we said not to.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gotcha. How much does a new exaust system run then, price wise? I'm on a tight budget.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
go to auto zone get a 20 dolar glass pack and cut off your cat.

·
Registered
474 Posts
yeah i have a tb spacer and bored out tb. doesnt seem to make a whole lot of difference other than a whistle when its under load haha

·
Registered
826 Posts
If you are going to do a stroker with a custom cam then it may help, but otherwise the stock setup works good. I did use a big piece of exhaust pipe with a cone filter and it breath alittle better but I doubt it added alot of power. as for exhaust I have a thrush welded muffler and I love it, it is alot like a flowmaster super 44 but I only payed $35 bucks for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts