Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I said 50 bucks... :thumbsup:

I just picked up a dirt cheap ZJ... I figured I'd buy it for parts for my other ZJ and maybe steal stuff for the XJ as well... Turns out it's a 1998 Laredo, leather interior, same color as my 96 ZJ (the sandstone metallic green), sunroof, factory tint, runs strong once I tightened the tensioner pulley, and shifts well... and visually it's in infinitely better shape than the 96 which suffers from the ZJ hood fungus. :thumbdown:

So... Budget boost, 33's, D44a, and some skidplates and such... Pics to come!

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
I think I'd fix up the 98 and get rid of the 96 if that's the case.

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the one the build's for :thumbsup:

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
Next time you come across a jeep this cheap grab it for mee id drive to canada for a hundred dollar jeep

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
98 on the left, 96 on the right...

I'll grab some pictures of the interior- black leather, power everything, dash computer... the works.

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got bored and I hate chrome grilles...

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
Sup with the house? prepping for a zombie invasion? Might want to board up the upper windows cuz I hear they can climb these days....

Oh....nice Jeep(s) by the way.

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's actually an announcer's booth at the local "airport" (it used to be one a loooong time ago) and fairgrounds/riding arena/town open space.

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little taste...

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There was no asking price. There was, "get over here with fifty bucks or I'm calling the next person in my phone."

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4.0. Frankly, for the price, I wasn't going to say no either way.

I registered it today... and possibly had the best experience with the DMV ever. Took me eight minutes and ten seconds from walking in the door to walking out with plates and paper in hand. :thumbsup:

That was as of 12pm Friday... by 10pm Friday, it was already budget boosted. The addiction continues :rofl: I'll post up a revised picture tomorrow morning by light other than that of the drop variety.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i was never much of a grand cherokee fan, but after looking at yours and aircruiser's, im digging the look! maybe its cause all the grand cherokees i see have dinky tires on em

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bam. 2-inch budget boost and 33's. No rubbing.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
i was never much of a grand cherokee fan, but after looking at yours and aircruiser's, im digging the look! maybe its cause all the grand cherokees i see have dinky tires on em
good looking jeep and a great deal.
I am not much of a grand lover.. I hate the way the plastic rattles all the time, all the things that break, around here the floors nad subframes rote liek unreal.
ect ect.. but they sure make great parts regs to fund my projects...LOL

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Small update- 33's were bent to fawk and causing death wobble. I settled for the set of 30's I had lying around and wheeled it at Rausch Creek on greens and blues.

When I got back, I decided to go in a bit of a different direction. This is going to be my DD for a little while, so I want it to be reliable, but also a bit of a Sunday afternoon trail rig as well. I ditched the build around the 33's and am instead going to build it for 31's, swap in a D44a, regear to 4.10 and posi front and rear. I plan on relocating the rear shocks on the axle side and putting a set of Bilstein 5100's with air bumps in front and a Currie AntiRock. Shave the badges, make some hidden" sliders (I'll post the drawing idea I had for this) and have myself a pretty capable go-fast rig.

Time for the wallet to catch up to my brain :rofl:

1 - 20 of 210 Posts