Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
That is excellent! Thanks for posting that, I get so tired of beating that dead horse regarding front sway bars. I like the statement, "Killing yourself is bad enough... but being this stupid can get someone else killed too when your sh*twagon goes sailing into someone's minivan."

I was on the freeway in my 91 XJ doing 65mph when a dumass cut me off and I had to swerve to avoid running over him. Just the fact that I had a 3.5" lift made a big difference with a front swaybar. After I cleaned my undies and my heart rate returned to normal, I thanked the higher power that I didn't roll that puppy. If I had been stupid enough to not have a front swaybar, I would have been a statistic for sure.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
It's really hard to practice what i preach when my sway bar is leaning up against a fence...

ForumRunner_20140313_000944.jpg

I pulled it off the other day to rebuild the end links that has been rubbing on my coil spring since i bent my frame rail. Besides, i wanted to know first hand what all the hoopla was all about...

One more trip to the j/y for exhaust manifold washers for the new bushings, and it goes back on!

And, no... discos aren't an option at this juncture.

It's been a creepy feeling.
:eek:

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
Especially hauling a trailer!

·
Where am I???????????????
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DWtim said:
Hell ya, seen this the other day. Why is it folks can't understand the correlation between flex and body roll?
Flex: slow speeds/trails/rock climbing/RYI

Body roll: flexing at cruising speed/turning at speeds :eek:

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Subscribing and glad to see a thread on this. Can we make it a sticky? Mods?

·
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sticky this mofo! :badgerslayer::badgerslayer:

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
S, st... stickied!

:eek:hyeah:

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
Isn't it interesting that the one who Stickied this thread is the one who is running around without a front swaybar?

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Isn't it interesting that the one who Stickied this thread is the one who is running around without a front swaybar?
It fell back on over the weekend, swaybar sheriff.
:p

·
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
126 views out of 30+ members :bannana::dancingrenade3::badgerslayer::cheers::thewave:

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I don't run a sway bar and haven't in over a year. My jeep was fine without it with my old stiff shocks. Now that I have new good shocks, I have more body roll and have been thinking about buying a sway bar

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
junkyard my friend.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have to decide which way I am going with my jeep. I thought about getting some full widths or try and find some JK axles. I haven't ever had sway bars on the brick but I don't drive it all over the place. My commute to work is only about 4 miles and I don't get past 45mph most days.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts