21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Bump for newbs and cocky veterans...

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Its been well over a year since i posted that and havent thought about a swaybar not even once

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Its been well over a year since i posted that and havent thought about a swaybar not even once
Lets be honest, you have more problems than a swaybar...

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Yep. Djm. Lol

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
It is still my daily driver though. Dispite my problems

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Mine never had one for the 2 years I drove it daily. Never had an issue. One thing I will add is my Skyjacker coils are pretty stiff and I’m sure that helps. Plus I don’t try to drive it like a race car.

01 XJ Classic custom front 3 link, HP60 front, Sterling Rear, 110 inch wheelbase
Just a guy in a garage trying to live the dream!

·
Premium Member
9,248 Posts
Mine never had one for the 2 years I drove it daily. Never had an issue. One thing I will add is my Skyjacker coils are pretty stiff and I’m sure that helps. Plus I don’t try to drive it like a race car.

01 XJ Classic custom front 3 link, HP60 front, Sterling Rear, 110 inch wheelbase
Just a guy in a garage trying to live the dream!
When I had them on mine I really didn't need a sway bare either

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
I had a bunch of jeeps with many different lifts and all that. None of them were fun to drive without a sway bar. I cannot do without one.

I disconnected the sway bar on my XJ to try to diagnose a clunk (it was the sway bar frame bushing) and drove it to work. Geezus what a ride that was. It swayed pretty heavily on every turn and felt very unstable.

It may ride fine without sway bars but it will not when it comes to that moment when you need to make a sudden emergency turn. I never understood why people would risk not using a critical part of the suspension.

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
There is a school of thought that a sway bar is just a fine tuning device and that is not necessarily needed. I'm not saying I subscribe to the no front sway bar thing but many cars came without them. When I used to wrench on a couple of SCCA racers we ran very small bars and firmer springs than most other racers. The discussion among racers about firm springs with light sway bars vs softer springs with big sway bars is akin to auto vs manual transmission, AR vs AK, discussions.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
I have seen this before. It is similar to skyjacker's rock lock sway bar disconnect system (or it is). It is kinda like locking hubs.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Bump for your reminder to use your swaybar

21 - 36 of 36 Posts