Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This outta be something different. Post up unique plants you guys have around the house/apt/shed/basement/jeep, or wherever you live. I'm looking for more cool plants to place around the apt and could use ideas.

Sooo...post what ya got! :)

Magenta Dracaena

This plant is supposed to grow as tall as the ceiling if you grow it right. Hopefully it grows fast enough before the cat eats it.

Kalanchoe Eriophylla...in other words "the petting plant"

This plant is super soft and has some kind of cotton-like fabric growing on it. I could use this as a pillow if I needed one.

Bonsai tree

We got this plant after seeing it sitting there all by itself, in bad shape. I figured we could save it and grow it till it's huge and get a little toy jeep and park it next to it. It'll look realistic. I just gotta wait about...20 years for it to grow. :pop:

That's all we got so far. Gonna be shoppin for more later. Time to go talk to the plants.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's what I was thinking, must not cook much.:D

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you grow your house plants on the stove? Does the heat make them grow faster? Or are you torturing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:p

I moved em for your sake

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You forget Blue...........It's cold up there. :rofl: I would post pics of mine but they are looking pretty sad now. They have been inside all winter and don't look very good.
Plants need attention. Post pix of them and they will feel proud and grow :)

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I've had this plant 10+ years, I just cut it back a few days ago and today it's hanging around outside cause it's warm out.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Whats with the light bulb?

I believe they call it a 'water globe' or something stupid. It's filled with water, then jammed into the soil, and it slowly drips out keeping the plant moist without outside help. I think you can buy about 4 of them for 19.99 if you watch enough infomercials.

I have a terrarium in my apartment. I can leave it for about a month without having to add water. Maybe I'll take a pic the next time I'm home.

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
We've got those all over the place. Yu can't kill them. We have several to give away that are just growing in water. We've wound them around a cone rack, lined the door frames etc. They just keep growing.

·
Registered
608 Posts
That light bulb isn't a light bulb. It's for watering your plants. Fill with water and stick in the dirt. I think they're pretty cool actually.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
We've got those all over the place. Yu can't kill them. We have several to give away that are just growing in water. We've wound them around a cone rack, lined the door frames etc. They just keep growing.
That's why I still have it ( Even I can't kill it! ). I let it grow until it bugs me or the kids step all over the leaves, then I cut it back all the way to the pot.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought i'd update this boring thread. It's been 6 months so let's see how much they've grown.

Before:

Now:

Before:

Now:

Before:

Now:

The big one grew 4" in height and got bigger and rounder overall. The bonsai grew a bunch of branches and we never bothered cutting it or anything. The cactus showed the most growth, spurting a flower at the top. All three plants migrated to a newer bigger pots. :)

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
How's this for house plants?

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 60 Posts