3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That was a GREAT truck.....

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
It had some "Defective" tires though...they never seemed to make the tread life that they claimed to be good for...Maybe I was just unlucky?

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Looks cool. I built this ranger before I came to my scenses and went the other way.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
360 Posts
I did it all up, custom frame and all. I miss this truck also.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know about "Coming To Your Senses"...Lowriders are cool too...just not quite as "useful" then the current vehicle...

Cool truck though...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Im sure I will build many more, they just arent as much fun as something you can run threw the mud and on trails. I spent many years at car shows and had fun. i still have a 67 mustang and a nice metric cruiser and a dirt track car. I just like stuff I can actually drive in the dirt, mud, snow, woods,rain.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im sure I will build many more, they just arent as much fun as something you can run threw the mud and on trails. I spent many years at car shows and had fun. i still have a 67 mustang and a nice metric cruiser and a dirt track car. I just like stuff I can actually drive in the dirt, mud, snow, woods,rain.
I totally agree.

They're fun, but the Jeep is a little more fun!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Thats a nice S-10 i loved mini trucks but never built mine up (well down) but i kept it clean and it had 20" on it but i blew a tire and F-ed up one of the rims

here is the dakota

then i got rid of that do to a baby coming and got this

then that turned out to be a POS and the windows and sun roof would only go up when they wanted to so we traded it in for my wifes car and that was the end of my mini truck dreams.....................till i find an old S-10 or ranger

·
Registered
81 Posts
this was my baby for awhile. I still have her although she's nowhere near as clean or as low anymore. she has almost 200k now and isnt currently tagged. once I yank the trans and replace the slave cyl I will probably throw a stock geared rear end under it and start driving it again

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awwwww.....You had the stepshaver kit on the rear steps...I always wanted to do that with mine...

We should end this thread soon...before I go spend money I don't have (or trade the wife's car in while she's not looking) on another S-10...:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
key word being had.
my truck actually started life as a fleetside. a friend of a friend had a step side sonoma the same color as mine and he also had a 4wheeler that wouldnt fit in this stepside bed. so he traded me straight up my bed for his. he had installed the shavers on it. somewhere along the life of the bed it had been rearended and the structure of the bed underneath is kinda fubared. the step shavers didnt fit very well and they made it impossible to use the factory spare tire carrier because there was no hole for the lugwrench to go through to access the winch carrier.
I use my bed as a bed waaaay to often to always be carrying the spare around plus where I live it woulda gotten stolen. the bed's previous owner gave me the stock bumper so after a snowstorm and no where to push against on the rear of the truck the shavers came off and the stock bumper went on.
I loved the way it looked BUT it reduced functionality of my truck so it wasnt feasable for me. I ended up throwing the shavers away. they were useable for a daily driver but anyone who cared about minor details wouldnt have wanted them because they were cracked and the fit was very poor.
I dont remember who made them but they were the first generation of shavers. I have since seen newer ones that fit much nicer and made the spare tire winch accesable too. but for a truck used as a truck they would never suit my needs.
hence the reason why my truck is no longer that low either. it started life as a Z85 truck but I added a complete ZQ8 suspension and then 2" spindles and 3" blocks on top of that. I have since taken the spindles and blocks out and put stock 15" steel wheels on it.
it also currently has a 4.10 rear end under it because I was planning on a 6 spd swap. but buying my jeep basically stopped all my S10 modding ideas.
I was even given a ragged out 1st gen S10 to use as a small block swap project but that project never even got started and I am about ready to just give it back to the person who gave it to me.
being high up and going slow over rocks through the woods has become A LOT more fun than being low or going fast ever was.

one of my best friends has a truck practically identical to yours. you dont happen to be a member of S-SeriesForum.com, do you?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to S-Series Forum a little, but mostly I hung around S10 Forum, and a couple of local sites. I agree about the functionality of the Jeep vs. the S-10 (Especially in the winter months...and the summer ones when I wanted to go camping) I f'd up my front air dam on multiple occasions taking the S10 into the bush where it didn't belong so I could get into the good camp spots (It did teach me the value of choosing a good line though!)

I'd love to get another S10 and make a project out of it, but as things stand right now with the cash flow, that won't be happening any time soon.The stuff I want for the WJ will make sure I don't buy any other toys! ;) I DO miss that truck though.

Lowrider Camping Causes Paint Damage:

The paint repairs after every camping trip were starting to get pricey, SO, I figured to would be a good idea to get a more suitable vehicle to fit my needs...

Later.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yea my jeep and its issues are keeping me from even getting my S10 back on the road.
maybe just maybe I can have my S10 back on the road sometime before the end of the summer. yea right, the jeep needs regeared and an SYE!!!!! so much for that thought

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Thats a nice S-10 i loved mini trucks but never built mine up (well down) but i kept it clean and it had 20" on it but i blew a tire and F-ed up one of the rims

here is the dakota

then i got rid of that do to a baby coming and got this

then that turned out to be a POS and the windows and sun roof would only go up when they wanted to so we traded it in for my wifes car and that was the end of my mini truck dreams.....................till i find an old S-10 or ranger
Nice dakota! I had a similar one that was kinda low at first and I had to get it closer to the sun or go insane:

before and don't laugh:

After:

and I did put it to the test

(you can laugh that stuck if you want to :) )
I had buddies trying to convince me to lower it since it was a nice low rider truck (2wd) but i held my ground and went up. Thank god!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts