Its been a bit since my last update, so after sleeping on GG: I torqued down the cap bolts and sealed it up. I pulled the rear out the next day and got started.
I got the rear stiffeners clearanced, and made some adjustments to the metal. To be honest, it seems like a little bit of overkill on the section of the rear frame between the lower control arm mounts and the rear spring perch brackets. Also that section seems to be a PITA to get correct for it appears the ZJ's rear frames are ever so slightly different from 91-93, 94/95-96, and 97-99. The ZJ DBM rear stiffeners have to be cut and clearanced.. he could have done a better job in designing a 'universal' to all ZJ years rear frame stiffener. It appears that this portion of the kit appears to be more of an XJ/ZJ universal stiffener TBH, and I have to admit I am a little disappointed in this section mostly due to the price of the whole kit at ~$350 shipped
Be careful if someone down the road is looking at this before they weld their stiffeners on: be exact on your section to be cut by where the rear body support 'bracket' meets the frame. DO NOT CUT TOO MUCH. It will leave you with too much space to fill and weld to. I just blazed through it and found my work to be less than optimum. It took several hours of welding, filling, grinding and re-welding to get it as best as I could. Had I been more accurate with my cuts and took out less: the welding and grinding would have been substantially less. Measure three times and cut once. Sorry, I didn't take a picture of what I did wrong.
So, after a couple of days dealing with the rear stiffeners, prepping, and painting: I moved on to swapping over brake lines, new calipers, new rotors, new pads, new ABS sensors, and readjusting the E-Brake cables.
I got to replacing the 225,000 mile fuel pump, with a new one due to preventative maintenance. I really thought hard about putting a trap door under the rear carpet to access the pump if I ever need to again, but decided that will have to wait for a while. I don't think I'll need to get at it for another 75,000 at least.
Add in a day or so lost waiting on parts and taking another day off to keep fresh, that takes me up to this evening.
This is where I finished for the night:
I still have to get the gas tank up there, tighten/re-weld the cat back exhaust, clearance the gas tank skid(rubs on the new adjustable Rubicon Express rear track bar), drive the heep in and out of the garage a few times before re-attaching/adjusting said track bar, button up the rear, and re-attach the bushie flares...
Hopefully tomorrow I can get the first 15 mile gear break-in completed after I install the front 1 1/4" wheel spacers, and then get started on painting the front track bar, and get started on the center sections of frame stiffeners.