Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this damn jeep keeps fighting me every step of the way! i was doing the clutch and rear main and couldnt get my trans in because the pilot bearing wasnt in far enough! i had major trouble geting a clutch set they all had the wrong disc or pilot bearing. i think i have a a older x4 with a smaller pilot.so im wrestling the damn transfer case in this afternoon for a good 30 mins. i put my front drive line in, everything, got to the clutch slave which i rebuilt and all the sudden my master is bad, not pumping! i run all over to get a $50 rebuild kit for what would be a 89 2.5l for what i have. get it in it doesnt work but it worked when i tested it with water at the store! wtf! anyone have any ideas? i notice every damn part i run across for this jeep is either open already or parts are switched!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy a NEW master. Rebuilds don't last. Same for the slave.
they wanted like $120 for one but then today i whent to carquest and got a new one for $59.
everything is all bled i just have to fill my trans and find where the reverse/n saftey plug goes on the trans and finish tightening all my driveline bolts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts